Got Razr M Dec 2012... Wifi has quit working on my phone and it keeps refusing to back out of apps.
Kneener

My wifi worked great until a week ago.  My husband has same phone... His phone and all our other wifi devices work fine but mine has quit working on wifi.  And it did it today at McDonalds on their free wifi too.  Plus it will refuse to back out of apps some... I will hit the back button and it just does nothing. 

VERY FRUSTRATED... I think my phone is a lemon because my husbands phone is fine.  Makes me wish I would have got the iPhone 5...

PLEASE HELP!!!

I am paying $20 more a month for Verizon and I want to be happy.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Got Razr M Dec 2012... Wifi has quit working on my phone and it keeps refusing to back out of apps.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kneener,  Help has arrived!  I can imagine the frustration this has caused as you are trying to supplement your plans data allowance with WiFi!  Have you tried forgetting the network complete and setting up as a new connection? Had you installed any new applications when the WiFi seemed to start acting up?  Let's try starting the device in Safe Mode as this will help us determine if a 3rd party application is affecting the performance.  Here is a link to instructions for Safe Mode on the Razr M: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=63868.  If the performance improves while in Safe Mode, I would suggest removing some of the latest applications and updates as they are interfering with the device.  Please keep me updated on the status as I would be happy to provide additional support.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Re: Got Razr M Dec 2012... Wifi has quit working on my phone and it keeps refusing to back out of apps.
Kneener

Hello.  I ran the phone in safe mode and it was the same and then it went back to regular mode and all of a sudden it started working again.  And this was for any wifi - my home or at a business, etc. 

Now, in the past week, all of a sudden my phone battery has quit even lasting all day.  I only have moderate use.  I have not changed my usage patterns at all and the battery used to last 2 days before I had to recharge it. 

And within the first month, it would randomly freeze up and I would have to do some kind of reset or something that I found on here.  I know I should have traded it in then before my 30 days but I wanted to give this phone another chance... and now it only lasts for like 3 hours of use.  And in the Google Tasks app I cannot edit a task without it freezing up and I have to push back like 10 times to get it to go back.

My husband has the same phone and has none of these problems.   What can I do... I am already counting the down the one year and nine months until I get a new phone and I think that is too long to have to do that.

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Kneener!

Battery issues are no good! I can certainly understand your frustration with the device not working properly. I want to make sure that this fixed. Is the battery going from full charge to 0% in 3 hours?  Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device. Did this issue and the Google Task issue start at the same time? I would recommend clearing the cache on the Google Task application. Go to settings>applications> manage applications>google task application>clear cache. This will not erase any of your google task data. This should clear the pop-ups. Let me know if your battery improves once this issue is resolved. Keep me posted.

Thanks,

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes