Google password not accepted.
D_Zimmerman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Droid Turbo 2.  This past weekend Google made me change my password.  I'm able to get into the account on my home and work computers just fine.  The 2 factor authentication is working fine too.  This is not a Google issue.  Android asked me to enter my password, which I did after I changed it on the computer.  I put in the authentication code and it says that "There seems to be a problem. Please try again later." I am able to get logged using the browser and going to Google just fine.

I need to know what to do on the Android system to get the memory cache cleared so I can get this account active again on the phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google password not accepted.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

WHy is it NOT a Google issue when Google is the manufacturer of Android?  

Sounds like you need to get on the horn with Google or online tech support to find out the issue, or contact motorola. Otherwise, try deleting and readding the Google account. Maybe try changing the password again and if all that fails a hard reset or device wipe of the device.

D_Zimmerman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good point. I was focusing on teh account. I forgot the big G makes

Android.

I'll try those.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

delete & re create the account.

when i changed my password recently, i wasn't given an authentication code.

i've got several non activated phones & when turned on, asked for the password.

0 Likes
tmdunk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that happened to me too, my phone got hot (Note 5) after the marshmallow update, then it asks you to factory reset so I did but when it came back on it asked for the Google info and didn't recognize my password. Verizon blamed Samsung, Samsung blamed Google and Google assumed responsibility, it locks you out for 3 days as a security in case your phone was stolen. Longest 3 days of life...

0 Likes