Google Plus has stopped and other error messages on Maxx
droid_does_life
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is incredibly irritating...It usually occurs when I am using YouTube app (which stinks). The YouTube app tends to slow down and not want to cooperate sometimes, leaving me with the option to either chuck my phone across the room in frustration or grin a bear it. Which, I have yet to chuck the $700 device across the room. However, when certain apps fail to launch or just suck in general, my phone pops up error messages such as, "Unfortunately, Google Plus has stopped". At which point, I have the option to report it...which I've done 6 times now, with no response or fixes. Gotta love Google.......

Then there are some other weird error messages. "This device does not support the equalizer function"...which I call bull on, since it's a freaking $700 phone. >Irrelevant comment deleted< What gives?? I love my phone, but seriously, this crap never happened on my older Droid devices.

>Some minor editing<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Plus has stopped and other error messages on Maxx
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Weren't you the user who was recommending a task killer app to save battery life?  What the task killer does is shut down (force stop) background apps - resulting in the messages you are seeing (various apps have "stopped").  They then need to restart when/if you attempt to open them, slowing down the response time, and typically using MORE resources than if they were allowed to run in the background, and activated when you needed them.

As Ann154 pointed out, the Android OS is generally very good at managing and optimizing the resources and memory on the phone.  Task killers do not help, and often hinder the process, and I believe that is the effect you are seeing.  Earlier Android OS's were, perhaps, not as optimized, and task killers did improve things somewhat... with the newer versions, task killers are no longer necessary.

View solution in original post

Re: Google Plus has stopped and other error messages on Maxx
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Weren't you the user who was recommending a task killer app to save battery life?  What the task killer does is shut down (force stop) background apps - resulting in the messages you are seeing (various apps have "stopped").  They then need to restart when/if you attempt to open them, slowing down the response time, and typically using MORE resources than if they were allowed to run in the background, and activated when you needed them.

As Ann154 pointed out, the Android OS is generally very good at managing and optimizing the resources and memory on the phone.  Task killers do not help, and often hinder the process, and I believe that is the effect you are seeing.  Earlier Android OS's were, perhaps, not as optimized, and task killers did improve things somewhat... with the newer versions, task killers are no longer necessary.