Re: Google Now - How?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The search key next to the "back", "home", and the "menu" key.

The changelog for the Jelly Bean update also states that you should press and hold the search key which is the same thing as a long press. https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/93191

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
canitalktoarealperson

Long pressing that button doesn't do anything. Absolutely nothing happens.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

canitalktoarealpersonplease? wrote:

Long pressing that button doesn't do anything. Absolutely nothing happens.

Either you are not holding it long enough or you have to dig deeper into the phone settings and apps to clear the data or defaults to activate Google Now again. Hopefully someone who also has the phone can chime in with a suggestion for getting it to work.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was able to pull this screenshot from the updated JB manual for the DROID RAZR Maxx.

Screenshot_2013-04-13-10-04-45.png

0 Likes
canitalktoarealperson

Again, these links have great info, but they assume that google now is already there and running. I can't get it to begin and i don't know where to go to find it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

canitalktoarealpersonplease? wrote:

Again, these links have great info, but they assume that google now is already there and running. I can't get it to begin and i don't know where to go to find it.

The screenshot shows how to TURN IT ON. Did you try it?

0 Likes
canitalktoarealperson

Yes, i did. Again, that is assuming it is already there TO turn it on and off. I need to have it installed before that will be helpful information. Obviously my phone is capable bc it asked me if i wanted it. Now I'm cursing the bad timing of the request bc it appears no one knows how to find it again if you tell it to update it later.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

google now is part of jellybean. it shouldn't have to be installed separately. if the link that ann provided doesn't work (if you don't have the option to turn it on) then you may have to factory reset the phone. can you open your google search widget, then press menu, and then take a screenshot so we can see what your options are?

0 Likes
canitalktoarealperson

Ahhhhh ha! That post jogged an idea. I got it. Totally found it. Never looked in the most obvious place. Thanks for the feedback. Truly appreciate everyone trying to help me. Now i can put all these great links to use. Problem solved. Thank you.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

So how how is it Doing all you need to do.. to see what Ann posted..  Tap the Search icon on the Bottom of your Phone and it should pop up the Google Now and then show you how to set up Google Now  Cards Like weather sports Etc.. 

0 Likes