Google Navigation
Preber

Google Navigation does not work on my Droid Razr Maxx. It will find the location and route, but the navigation freezes after about 3 minutes. I went to a Verizon store and they reloaded the operating system after which is worked fine. this was about 3 weeks ago and it is now freezing again. Anybody else have the experience? Seems like it may be some kind of software issue.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google Navigation
B33
Legend

Did you try a Soft reset ?  Or you might have to do a Clearing of the Cache partition..b33

0 Likes
Preber

I have already tried the soft reset, how do you clear the cache partition?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This is the Instruction on doing a Clearing of the Cache Partition you can also do a Factory Reset with These Instructions..

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
0 Likes
Sillieputtie

Yes I am having the same problem, I have only had my razr maxx for a month and am currently on vacation. I am on my harley and connect the phone to my radio using Aux and google has been freezing which makes it very difficult when it freezes. I downloaded Map-quest which did not freeze up but had delayed responses which caused me to miss several turns. I cleared the cache as instructed above, hoping that will take care of the problem.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I use Navigation and Maps all the time and never had that problem.  And usually I have Pandora and Equalizer going at the same time.

0 Likes