Good Buy Bloat Wear Apps at least Some of them!
B33
Legend

When i was Checking to see if i could Hide my Apps that i did not Want i found out that Option wasn't available no longer But i did find However that i Could get Rid of some of the Bloat Wear:  These Apps below i was able to Uninstall and when i took a look in the All section to see if they were there they were  Removed  from the Phone!!  Now there are apps that you can Disable but there is a Caution that Comes with Doing that:  It says that if an App is Disable it say it can cause other Apps to Misbehave.!  So removing them would be at your own Risk!   But At least we know these (5) can be Chucked away.. b33

1. Block Buster App
  2. Color 
  3. Go To Meeting
  4. Let's Golf 2
  5. Madden Football 
Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Good Buy Bloat Wear Apps at least Some of them!
Tidbits
Legend

They are not uninstalled.  Just hidden.  If you ever do a factory reset they'll pop back up.  They'll unpack themselves. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I was thinking Tidbits as Long as they were gone from the All section witch i checked they wouldn't re-appear. O well they're History till i F.R. again ...b33 

0 Likes
tomcu18
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't like Verizon loading my phone with bloatware.

Even more than that, I really don't like Verizon locking the bloatware so that I can't get rid ot it.

BUT MOST OF ALL, I HATE verizon having so much of their locked bloatware being Verizon's own apps that they have already stopped working.

My brand new phone has a significant part of its memory taken up by Verizon's own apps that were already "discontinued" by Verizon before my phone was even introduced; but they keep using the same package load to fill ALL thier android phones with worthless bloatware.  These aren't even apps that they are being paid a penny or two to have on the phone, these are Verizon's own apps they they have already given up letting them run, but you still have to have them on your phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You posted in the Razr space ... do you have a Razr?  If not, does your Android have ICS or JB?  If so, even though you can't remove the bloatware, you can disable it, i.e.,

Manage Apps > All, then open whichever app you want to Disable.  Clear Cache and Clear Data, then Force Stop.  Uninstall Updates (if necessary), then Disable.  The app will disappear from your app drawer, but will be visible via Manage Apps should you wish to re-enable it.  Not as good as removing the app completely (or not getting it in the first place), but it helps.

tomcu18
Enthusiast - Level 3

You guessed right,  I don't happen to have a Razr phone, but what I said was equally true of the Razr as it is of all other Verizon Android phones.   But perhaps it wasn't a guess, I would wonder what access you have to Verizon data that led you to chalenge what phones I have.  Only a Verizon company shill would have access to what kinds of phones I have when I didn't mention any phone specific information.

I posted in a Razr space because that is where Verizon's almost worthless search found a post about removing Werizon's bloatware.   And, of course, Verizon doesn't bother having a separate space for Samsung phones even though they sell more of them than Motorola phones.

What I said is equally applicable to ALL Verizon Android phones -- they are filled with bloatware, and the worst offenders among the bloatware are Verison's own apps that have already been abandoned by Verizon (perhaps because no one used them because they were worthless trash)

The bottom line remains that you can HIDE the bloatware, but you can't actually remove it.  Hidden bloatware may be slightly less annoying on a daily basis, but it is still taking up memory space that ought to be available for useful working apps.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No where in my post did I "chalenge what phones" you have.  I merely asked if you had a Razr (since you posted in that space) or an Android with at least ICS, in which case you can disable apps.  I am not, have never been, nor intend to be a Verizon employee.  I took a guess that you might have a Razr since you posted in that space or an Android since you said "thier android phones".

If you are wanting to post in a Samsung space, there are several of those as well. such as the Galaxy S III or Nexus.

I don't know of anyone that likes the bloatware ... but all carriers do it.  And complaining about it in multiple threads on this forum won't get Verizon to stop the practice ... it hasn't so far, anyway.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

31415976 wrote:

You guessed right,  I don't happen to have a Razr phone, but what I said was equally true of the Razr as it is of all other Verizon Android phones.   But perhaps it wasn't a guess, I would wonder what access you have to Verizon data that led you to chalenge what phones I have.  Only a Verizon company shill would have access to what kinds of phones I have when I didn't mention any phone specific information.

He asked BECAUSE you didn't mention which phone you have.  Also most of the new android phones sold today have ICS or JB on them.

There are spaces for some android phones made by Samsung.  Not all of them including ones from other manufacturers like HTC, Pantech and Motorola have the forum traffic to justify having their own space on the community forum.  For example, some of the Samsung phone spaces are , or use for the other Samsung phones not listed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tomcu18
Enthusiast - Level 3

tikibar1 wrote:

No where in my post did I "chalenge what phones" you have.  I merely asked if you had a Razr (since you posted in that space) or an Android with at least ICS, in which case you can disable apps.  I am not, have never been, nor intend to be a Verizon employee.  I took a guess that you might have a Razr since you posted in that space or an Android since you said "thier android phones".

If you are wanting to post in a Samsung space, there are several of those as well. such as the Galaxy S III or Nexus.

I don't know of anyone that likes the bloatware ... but all carriers do it.  And complaining about it in multiple threads on this forum won't get Verizon to stop the practice ... it hasn't so far, anyway.

Yes: My phone is ICS and you CANNOT remove any of Verizon's garbage bloatware.  The most you can do is HIDE the app so that the icon does not appear on the screen, but the worthless garbage still takes up memory space.  You can call that "disabling" the app, but it accomplishes nothing useful.

0 Likes