Gmail on Razr Maxx
jd12
Enthusiast - Level 3

How can i delete emails (Gmail) on my Razr Maxx but still keep them in Gmail on my computer ?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Gmail on Razr Maxx
B33
Legend

Since the phone syncs with the account on the Pc i don't know how you could avoid removal on the Pc i know on mine if i want to save a Message but Clear my inbox i go to my Gmail on the Pc and i will move the message to a to folder..b33

0 Likes
Not applicable

IIRC it's a setting you make on your on-line gmail account to save a copy of your emails.  I have mine set up not to delete the on-line copy if I open it on my Razr Maxx or my computer.  About once a day, I log into my on-line account and delete the emails and empty the spam folder.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Were is that exact Setting Located Jim i might Try that on my Online Gmail !  Thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

I think it's under Settings - Forwarding and POP or something such as that.  About 1/2 way down the page I tell it to leave a copy on the server.  Now, that might only pertain to my computer using Outlook Express, I'm not sure.  However, I never delete them from my phone if I think I might want to open it on my computer when I get home.  I like to save emails from friends and family on my computer.  I also save certain other emails from one reason or another.  I don't save things on my phone except maybe temporarily.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thanks..

0 Likes
eddiea
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to the Gmail settings on your computer, then click on FORWARD AND POP/IMAP.  Under the POP DOWNLOAD feature, see the option #2 section ("When message are accessed with POP") and select either "keep Gmail's copy in the inbox" or "archive Gmail's copy" - whichever action you prefer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

eddiea we'll give this a Look as well as what Jim posted.. thanks b33

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

"leave on server" is a function within oe.

0 Likes
jonnybb1

Sounds like you're wanting to ARCHIVE your messages for later use. Why not use the ARCHIVE tab on your Droid, then go back and clean-up the ARCHIVE folder as you see fit later? Seems to be less complicated...IMHO

0 Likes