Gmail not syncing
sarap2010

I've had my phone for a few months now and initially didn't have a problem with my gmail-email account syncing to my phone.  My contacts, calendar, google drive, etc. will all sync; however, when it starts to syn my e-mail it will not sync. 

I've tried to delete the account and add it again - didn't work - It added the account but displayed 'waiting for sync' for 3+ hours.  It did sync all of the above again. 

I've tried shutting my phone off and turning it back on which also did not work. 

I have the 4.0.4 version.  HELP!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Gmail not syncing
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

I see you posted this issue a while ago, have you resolved it?  Have you gone into Gmail and then into setting and made sure that you have sync enable?  Does it sync some of your emails? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sarap2010!

Help is here!  Let's get your Gmail email syncing again!  As "Kooshie" mentioned, do you have the "Sync Gmail" option checked and enabled in the "Accounts & sync" settings?  See instructions for enabling sync here: http://vz.to/ZUmA9Z.  Keep us posted with your results.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jiminthebox

I have the same problem with my Galaxy S III.  At least 2-3 times a week, when I open Gmail, I get a message that my account isn't syncing.  I go into the settings and click the box to have it sync.  But it keeps unsyncing on it's own.  Is there a software update that I missed?

0 Likes