Flickering screen
ADK0425

I've had my Razr since March 16, 2012, it is brand new.  My screen began flickering yesterday and I am sure I will be bringing this back to the store, however, has anyone else had this issue and what was the problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Flickering screen
Cody21
Master - Level 2

There is a free APP in Google PLAY called "Z-device test"  ..  it has a bunch of "tests" you can run on these phones, one of which I believe is for the screen itself ...  but it does sound like you have a hardware issue going on.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Turn Off your Automatic Brightness it can Make your Device sometimes flicker an on my Droids witch i have a Droid X an a Razr maxx i have it turned off. To get to it got settings then go to Display Tap to go in then Tap Brightness adjust your Brightness to a level that's easy on your Eyes an Uncheck the Auto Brightness it will Help with the Flickering... B33

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Also, try turning OFF the ANIMATION setting for DISPLAY ...  see if that makes a difference. I seem to recall that I had a similar issue on my Droid X after GB was rolled out that was caused by that setting.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Forgot that one! Thanks Cody.  An mine is off on my Maxx after a while it gets a little anoying watching the screen close in the Center..b33

0 Likes
ADK0425

Just got off the telephone with technical support, they had me power off the phone, remove the SIM card, wait a little bit, put the SIM card back in and power back on...so far (5 minutes or so now) no flickering, I'll see if this is a permanent fix...kinda worries me though, seems a brand new phone should not have these sort of issues.

0 Likes
ADK0425

never mind,,,it is flickering again

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Did you do..What Me and cody suggested After doing on mine what I suggested to you. Mine don't flickr at all b33

0 Likes
ADK0425

Yes, the animation was already turned off and I decreased the brightness, the flickering has gotten worse and I have a "disco" screen going right now.  Thank you for the suggestions, but it seems to be a bad phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you done what me cody suggested an it still flickering even when you turned it down if the phone is under the 14 day return get you another razor max.b33

0 Likes