Favorite Contacts
refsmom1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone knows how to set favorite contacts under the people tab to show only 6 favorite contacts with larger pictures on the droid razr. My husband just  got the ICS update on his Droid Bionic and his shows the contacts this way.  I also saw it on Motorollas razr page as a feature of ICS but I can't figure how to do it.  Hope someone can help.

Shelley

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Favorite Contacts
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are two ways to do what you're wanting to do on a Bionic; not sure how to do it on your phone.

One way is via a widget.  Like B33 said earlier, go to your Apps, then slide across until you see Favorite contacts.  Long-press on that widget and place it where you want it on your home screen.  Tap on each of the four boxes to select which of your contacts you want in that box.  Now click on People and look under Favorites and you should see the four large photos that you were talking about.  You should be able to delete the widget and the Favorites stay on your People.

The other, simplest, option is to open a contact that you want as a favorite and then touch the star in the upper right-hand corner.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Shelly Does your Razr have I.C.S or is it still on Gingerbread if is on Ginger the OS are set up a little Different so to Get the Look that your husband has you'd have to update your Razr to Ice Cream)  But if your already there then setting up your Faves is as easy as Going to the Widget on your Home Screen and Pulling it Down and then adding your Contacts by tapping on the Big +  That's how i did mine Smiley Happy  On my Maxx..b33

0 Likes
refsmom1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, my razr is running ICS. I don't think it's a contact widget on my husbands droid bionic that is showing the the larger contact pictures. It just appeared that way after he updated to ICS.  On his Bionic. when you tap on the people icon on the home screen taskbar.  It then brings up the contacts page and then you have the choice of groups, people or favorites at the top of the screen..  When you click on favorites from there.  It then takes you to a screen that shows 4 larger contact pictures favorites then it starts the frequently contacted listed numbers. How can this be done on the droid razr?  If you look on Motorolas home page it shows the larger favorites contact pictures with ICS. Any suggestions?

Refsmom

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The Bionic and the Razr even though they are Different Models Styles are both Motorola So what you see on the Bionic you should see on your Razr Now that the Bionic has I.C.S on it.

It kind of sounds like the Favorites Widget is Missing on your Razr, Hit the Center button to bring up the Apps when you get to Apps Look up to the top of the page and you'l see widgets Tap there to bring up the Widgets Store, From there slide to the Right until you come to the Favorites Widget and do a Long Press on it to take the Widget to the Main Screen From there you should be able to Select your Favorites..

0 Likes
refsmom1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally agree about the bionic and the razr being the same thats why its so frustrating that I can't figure out how to make my razr look his bionic.I think we are talking about 2 different things.  What I am referring to is not something on one of the home screens but something with the contacts go that pops up when you click on the people icon o on the homescreen taskbar then touch on favorites on the upper right. Any other suggestions on what to try?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are two ways to do what you're wanting to do on a Bionic; not sure how to do it on your phone.

One way is via a widget.  Like B33 said earlier, go to your Apps, then slide across until you see Favorite contacts.  Long-press on that widget and place it where you want it on your home screen.  Tap on each of the four boxes to select which of your contacts you want in that box.  Now click on People and look under Favorites and you should see the four large photos that you were talking about.  You should be able to delete the widget and the Favorites stay on your People.

The other, simplest, option is to open a contact that you want as a favorite and then touch the star in the upper right-hand corner.

0 Likes
refsmom1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks so much B33 & Tikibar1 for your suggestions.  I opened a contact that I wanted as a favorite and then touched the star in the upper right-hand corner and it did exactly what I wanted.  I thought the little star used to turn yellow if you clicked on it but in any case it worked and now the contact favorites look just like my husbands bionic  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

you're welcome

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome) b33

0 Likes