Favorite Contacts Widget: Picture Problem
Cra2yFac3
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone updated to version 4.1.2 the other day.  Today I turned it off then on.  When it came back on, I noticed the pictures of some of my favorite contacts in the widget were missing.  I realized the picture that were missing were for the people who I used their Facebook pictures before.  I've tried going into a contact's info and editing it, but I can't find a way to have it so their Facebook photos are also their contact photos in the widget.

Note that it's only in this widget that the photos don't show up.  They still show up in text messages, phone book etc, just not the widget.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Favorite Contacts Widget: Picture Problem
Cra2yFac3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I talked to the Verizon people and they talked to the Motorola people.  The conclusion so far is that after the update to Jelly Bean, this widget we all were using did not make its way into the compatibility of the new OS.  This could mean one of three things: 1) This is an unforeseen problem that will be addressed with another update; 2) There is a replacement for this widget in the works; 3) We're all outta luck and have to live without this widget.

Now I found a semi-solution to this problem.  Go to the 'People' app and click on a contact.  Next click the 'Menu' touch pad button and there is an option called "Place on Home screen".  If you click that, the contact will show up as a 1x1 sized widget on the screen.  When you click on it, you'll get all the options you got from the Favorite Contacts Widget.

I know it's not optimal, but it works well enough for me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChorbieChick
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem after I did the update as well.  My husband has the exact same phone as me and his are working perfectly on his Razr.  It is only the Facebook photos that don't show up.  Any that aren't Facebook work fine.  But every photo shows up in my addressbook, texts and on other widgets.  This is really annoying because I use that widget all the time.

0 Likes
hotpuck6

I have a Droid 4 and have the same issue (no facebook contact pictures on the widget, but pictures from other sources display) since the update to jelly bean. Makes sense since the Razr and droid 4 are similar software wise. A fix would be nice, but as this is baked into a system update, it will probably take a long, long, time, if ever.

0 Likes
Cra2yFac3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with tech support from Verizon and Motorola recently.  They told me that the widget may not be supported by jellybean.  They said that this may be an overlooked issue that could be corrected with another update, or there could be something to replace the old widget.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cra2Fac3, don't panic. This sounds like a quick fix. Try logging out of Facebook and then logging back in. You will be provided with the option to sync your Facebook contacts. This option populates the pictures in your phone contacts. For more assistance with your device, click http://vz.to/vOYYCX and select your device. Keep us posted. We're here for you.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with my droid 4 but I am not using the widget. It says my skype and facebook contacts are synced but they are not. This all worked fine on the droid 4 I had last week but they had to send me another new one because the earpiece had a rattle to it. Now everything is fine except for my contacts syncing!

0 Likes
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I retract my last statement! LOL They are syncing now by logging out and back in. Funny thing is that I done this very thing yesterday and it made no difference.lol Now I will have to see if this works for Skype as well.

0 Likes
bigdr78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I first clicked sync only friends that were in my contacts and it worked. BUT then I wanted to go ahead and sync all friends from facebook to my contacts and it took the photos away...Hmmmm

0 Likes
MAmerica1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. The issue isn't that the Facebook contact information (including photos) doesn't sync - it does sync, and everyone's photo displays within my contacts.  The problem is only with the Favorite Contacts Widget.  From within that Widget, no Facebook photos display, only photos that come from different sources, such as Google Contacts.

Thank you.

ChorbieChick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, I tried to do this "quick fix" and it still doesn't work.  Any other suggestions?  Everything is syned except for the "Favorite Contacts" widget.  There is like no way to reset this widget cuz it is one that comes with the Droid when I got it.  I use this widget all the time!  Please fix it!

0 Likes