FDR Recovery nightmare on Razr Maxx ICS
bookbean1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had just finished restoring all of my apps from Google Play and my contacts/calendar from Outlook via DejaOffice following a fdr (first ran the fdr twice). I use Rerware MyBackup Pro and I had done a backup of all of my data, excluding contacts and calendars (I did not want to duplicate what DejaOffice would do separately).   I have not had good experience with Verizon's Backup Assistant Plus in the past due to double, triple and quadrupling of contacts, so I have stayed with DejaOffice which works well with Outlook.

The last step that I took was to finally restore my data (call logs, etc) thru MyBackup Pro. As soon as that completed and everything listed as successful, I was shown a message in red that said to immediately reboot the phone for the data restore to take effect.

Once I rebooted the phone, every icon was gone with the exception of the Apps icon. Everything! I restarted the phone but that did not help. Tried the "clear cache" procedure by holding the power and volume buttons to go into recovery where I wiped the cache, but the same situation still exists.

It has taken well over a day to get those apps restored! Is there hopefully a setting somewhere that will restore the screens? The apps are all there, as is the stock wallpaper.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: FDR Recovery nightmare on Razr Maxx ICS
B33
Legend

My one and only Suggestion as painful as it's to Do is Rest the Phone again and this Time instead of using My Backup Pro or any back up from Verizon.!  Use Google i have used Google since getting my first device witch was the Droid X and that was in 2010 and i have had nothing but Great luck with it. I had my First Maxx up N running in Less than 8 min. after Loading my Google information in it. On my second Maxx same thing but it Loaded the information in less than 5 Min. and it didn't break a Sweat while doing it.. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

When you restored the personal info did you restore everything or just the sms/mms and call history?   Users usually have issues if anything other than the sms/mms, call history and apps (Without apps data).

Try another Hard Reset and restore only the sms/mms and call history and then use Google to load contacts data...

0 Likes
FDR Recovery nightmare on Razr Maxx ICS
bookbean1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a solution without having to fdr again.   I went into settings>apps and cleared the cache on the stock launcher app.   That brought the home screens back to factory settings, as if it were brand new out of the box, but still with all of my restored apps in place.   From there, all that I needed to do was to simply reload the home screen icons (guided by the screenshots that I took prior to the fdr).   The phone is running perfectly fine.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Good to hear you got it figured out....  I didn't think to reset the cache for the launcher (Never use the stock one myself until S3 new one) Smiley Happy...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is Good news to here and Wildman i have to say i wasn't thinking that either i thought the F.D.R would be one of the Best solutions.  but sometimes i guess you have to kind of think outside the Box and it was as you said a Simple and fixable solution..b33Smiley Happy..

0 Likes