Re: External Speaker Issue
Devils8
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's interesting the clerk said that. I had a Nexus which was horrible, the battery lasted about 6 hours. Got a refurb, same thing. Talked to the Verizon tech support on the phone numerous times, was told so many different things, including that they hadn't seen many Galaxy Nexuses with this issue. Finally took it into a store, and the clerk was like "another Nexus!" and told me that the vast majority they had sold had been returned. So got the Razr Maxx, which I think is much better than the Nexus anyway, and it's been excellent until now. But I just don't get it, a phone that does not put out audio is worthless. The obvious answer is to give the customer a new phone, not a "refurb" that is just as likely to have problems. I think it's a management thing. Plenty of big companies treat customers well. Verizon just has horrible customer service as a whole, while if you go into a store you sometimes will get someone extremely helpful.

0 Likes
DanG473

Well its not like he helped me much, other than telling me to go post online.  He couldnt get me a new phone as my 30 days had passed.  He told me to call verizon.  When I called Verizon to ask about a phone...all they offered me was a refurb.  I have till May 13 on my warranty and not interested in a refurb right now, especially if its going to do the same thing.  I got my phone in May.  But Im wondering if its a certain batch of phones that were made?  Is there a way we can all figure out where and when our phones were constructed?  Is there any way to tell from the phone and or the box with a batch number of some sort? 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If your Past your 14 day return Dan that's about all they can Do.. it's a Slap an i'm not overly happy about it but if your Razr speaker is giving you these issues i would do the Deed. I talked to a Best Buy Manager that is over the Cell Phone Dept and he was Telling me there Return Policy and what he told me Looks better and Better every Day.. Makes me wished i would of went there to get my Piece..

Ntier
Enthusiast - Level 1

fyi:  I have the same prob w/ my Droid Razr (xt912).  I think it's a board problem because the static is the same regardless of whether I use the ear speaker, the external speaker, or earphones.  I spent 45$ at Kangaroo Mobile to replace the speaker and the problem still exists.  From all the threads I've read, it sounds like Verizon and Motorola have definitely dropped the ball on this issue.  I got the phone in mid Jan.  2012 - it was working fine for 18 months and started having this proble

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ntier,

I am sad to hear about the problems you are having with the speaker on your phone. The Razr is an awesome phone. I have never had problems with my speaker.  In the future, if you have problems please contact us and we can definitely go over replacement options.  Since you have ahad your speak replaced by a third party company, this does void any warranty that you may have had on your device. I do apologize for any inconveniences.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
how_did_that-happen

I purchased my phone from a third party, will the warranty be honored if within the warranty period of the phone?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

From another individual No and if the Phone is over a Year old the Warranty is probably off of it any Way..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

how_did_that-happen wrote:

I purchased my phone from a third party, will the warranty be honored if within the warranty period of the phone?

The warranty is only available to the original owner of the device. Once they sold it, the warranty is void. Insurance is also not an option either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

how_did_that-happen, let's pump up the volume! When purchasing a device from a third party, I apologize that your device is no longer covered under the manufacturer warranty. I recommend that you master reset your device to ensure that previously downloaded applications software are not affecting the performance of that device. For steps on how to do this, access our online device support website, http://bit.ly/y5iuoj

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Lasina_VZW

If the External Speakers in these Devices get were there are having issues a Factory Reset in Most Cases won't render the Issue It's the speaker or back area were the speaker is Located that will need replacement and in doing that the phone will have to be sent into Motorola for the Repair..

0 Likes