Re: External Speaker Issue
RedEagle
Enthusiast - Level 2

12 year customer with Verizon here. Having the same problem with a month old Droid Razr Maxx. Push on the speaker and it works a little while, then stops again. There is an obvious connection problem and Verizon & Motorola are pretending to not be aware of it. Sent to Motorola with a description of the issue. They sent back stating that couldn't find a problem. Called Verizon. The only thing they are willing to do is send a refurbished phone. Infuriating! A 1 month old phone and they are going to send me an old refurb. Unacceptable.

0 Likes
shibas2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sent the phone to Motorola since there was finally no sound at all from the external speakers. I just received it after 6 days and it seems that the phone is fixed. Hopefully this fix will last. I don't know what they did since the only explanation is "serviced and returned". I'm just glad that they honored the 1 year warranty.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well that's Excellent may i asked what it Cost to send it in:  An were did you have to Send it at for Repair if you care to share this Info..b33

0 Likes
shibas2
Enthusiast - Level 1

On the Motorola website, if you go to the "get help" tab, you can click on "service my product." Choose "mobile phones" which will take you to the "Motorola Online Troubleshooter." I tried to to go through the steps for that and of course it didn't solve the problem. Below that , under "other tools", you can click on "submit for repair". I filled out the form and was emailed instructions and a FedEx package label. It cost about $10.50 to send (overnight shipping) including the box that I got from FedEx. I didn't have to pay for anything else. Hope this may help others with similar problems.

https://globalrepairtools.motorola.com/serviceandrepair/

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thanks to the Info  shibas2  the info will help one's to find an send there Units in as well. if they so need to get there unit repaired..b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
mess472
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem with my Droid Razr, after wiping phone clean the same problem came back.  Verizon sent me a new phone, I was under the 1 year warranty. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's Good you got a new one!  it's good to have Warranty isn't it..Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
Devils8
Enthusiast - Level 3

So if I'm to understand this correctly, unless it's a "constant" problem, then all we can get is a refurbished phone? That seems absurd--it's a phone, and without sound it is literally useless. This isn't some minor problem. I just graduated law school and am applying for jobs all over the place, so if I actually get a call-back and cannot hear the person on the other end, then I'm just screwed? Does Verizon realize that many people don't have landlines, and that selling a phone for hundreds of dollars that does not function as a phone, or at best works sometimes, is a pretty big deal?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Devils8 wrote:

So if I'm to understand this correctly, unless it's a "constant" problem, then all we can get is a refurbished phone? That seems absurd--it's a phone, and without sound it is literally useless. This isn't some minor problem. I just graduated law school and am applying for jobs all over the place, so if I actually get a call-back and cannot hear the person on the other end, then I'm just screwed? Does Verizon realize that many people don't have landlines, and that selling a phone for hundreds of dollars that does not function as a phone, or at best works sometimes, is a pretty big deal?

Yea it is a big deal.!  My self i haven't had any issues with the problem that a few have had that doesn't mean i'm sweeping it under the Door. You mentioned in your one sentence) (so if I actually get a call-back and cannot here the Person on the Other end, then i'm Screwed.) Well If the speaker on your phone is cutting out take it to a Corp. Store and have them send Ya a new one and be done with it.

But i'm going to tell ya this isn't the first Device nor the Last Device that Verizon has sold that didn't escape a minor issue. I do understand they cost allot of Money and i hate to see it when a customer puts out good money to get one.. to only have it Fail in some way but as i said if you can exchange it out get it done as soon as Possible if that isn't a Possibility though Put it on Vibrate and use it till you can get another Unit.. Good Luck b33

Remembering Patriots Day.. Eagle

0 Likes
DanG473

I have the exact same issue.  sound goes out every few days, rub the back speaker and it works again.  Time for Verizon to do something about this.  It's obviously a design flaw.  The phone is not working the way it should or that we paid for.  Its not a random thing.  Many people online are having the EXACT same issue.  I brought it into my verizon today and showed the clerk.  He said to post here and on android forums to start raising hell.  Totally agreed on the refurb...why get a a replacement (refurb) thats just going to do the same thing...and why go thru the pain of reloading apps pics contacts.....ugh.  Verizon needs to start stepping up.  Im not a lawyer...but this seems it could turn into a class action lawsuit type of thing?

0 Likes