Exchange Server e-mail only works on 4G or 3G 1% of the time - problem started suddenly
etymomel

I've been receiving Exchange Server (Outlook) e-mail on my DROID RAZR through 3G and 4G since I got the phone last November.  All of a sudden, over this past weekend,  I am unable to send/receive on that account using 4G/3G except very very sporadically (once or twice a day for a few seconds).  GMail is noticeably slower but appears to work, at least better than the Outlook account.

Internet through the browser on the phone works perfectly fine.  However, I was unable to sync GMail contacts today, also.  Further, I just tried to check for System Updates through the phone and was told that "check for update is not available at this time."  I have no trouble making telephone calls or getting voice mail or texting.

Any ideas?  "Sync e-mail over wi-fi only" is NOT on.

I have changed nothing on my phone.  Nothing has changed with these e-mail accounts.  The ONLY thing that has changed recently (of which I am aware) is that I had a non-functioning phone (not this one!!) removed from my Verizon Wireless account about a week ago, and they said it would take a few days, which would coincide with this past weekend.  Is there some parameter that they could have changed at that time that would affect me receiving e-mail over 4G?  Again, it is not affecting my internet connection.

My wifi is usually OFF because it runs the battery down, so that is how I know how bad e-mail over 4G suddenly became. The phone shows that it is getting 4G LTE.  (I'm beginning to think this is a hardware problem.)

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Loyal (for many years) Verizon Customer

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Exchange Server e-mail only works on 4G or 3G 1% of the time - problem started suddenly
vzw-admin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand how critical is to get emails while on our cellular network etymomel.

First I recommend removing your exchange server email completely, then power off and on to reset your device and then add email back. I also recommend to clear Data and Cache from your email application Menu>SystemSettings>Apps>All>EmailAccoutns(may be more than one)>ClearData/Cache as applicable. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Exchange Server e-mail only works on 4G or 3G 1% of the time - problem started suddenly
vzw-admin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand how critical is to get emails while on our cellular network etymomel.

First I recommend removing your exchange server email completely, then power off and on to reset your device and then add email back. I also recommend to clear Data and Cache from your email application Menu>SystemSettings>Apps>All>EmailAccoutns(may be more than one)>ClearData/Cache as applicable. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
etymomel

I deleted and recreated the exchange account one more time and that seems to have worked.  Very strange!  I was afraid the hardware was failing, but all seems fine now.  Thank you very much for the suggestions!

Still a Loyal Verizon Customer.

0 Likes