Error out of internal storage
MRHOHO

When I try to take a picture the following error comes up "Your internal storage is running out of space, delete some images or other files". I have deleted Apps and pictures but get same message. Looking at the system stats it shows that I have 6.94GB of free internal memory available. What am I doing wrong?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Error out of internal storage
beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're not doing anything wrong.  Your phone thinks its out of memory but by your memory check it isn't.

First, power the phone off.  Leave it off a while, at least 5-10 minutes.  So many little glitches are actually solved this way but most people keep their phones on 24/7.  Reboot and retest.

If that doesn't do the trick, back up all your content and prepare to reset your phone.  Use Verizon Cloud or some other backup program to insure that you can restore your stuff.  Make a note of any accounts/passwords that are sync'd up with your phone, email addresses, Facebook account, etc, so that you can re-add them when the phone restarts.  Perform Factory Data Reset (Settings>Backup & Reset) but disable the Automatic Restore function first.  That way you won't re-sync any data that might have caused the problem in the first place.