Emergency Alerts not working since the 4.4 update
ms1951
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is Verizon aware the Emergency Alerts feature has not worked on the Droid MAXX since the 4.4 software update?  Check out other web forums like the Motorola site https://forums.motorola.com/posts/4db2b6c906 and you see that there has been discussion about the issue. 

When other phones around me (iPhones, Samsungs and even my wife's Razr Maxx) are sounding off with the latest Amber Alert or Weather Alert my MAXX misses them all.  And yes I have checked the options in the app and they are set the same as the other working Android phones.

Labels (2)
Re: Emergency Alerts not working since the 4.4 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ms1951,

I definitely understand how importance it is to have these alerts working properly. Let's get them working right.

Try unchecking the the emergency alerts http://vz.to/1aaql4Q on your phone for a minute or two. Go back and check them and power cycle the phone. Keep us posted if you still do not receive the alerts.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ms1951
Enthusiast - Level 2

JohnB_VZW

I did what you instructed last Friday evening- but that did not correct the problem.

I was in North Carolina on Saturday when everybody's phone received a warning alert about possible tornados. My Droid Maxx and another person in the room that owns a Droid Maxx did not receive any alerts.

The real problem is there is no way users to test anything. Asking us to change settings and then "wait until we notice it is not working" is not a viable trouble-shooting procedure. It might be weeks before an alert is issued AND we have to be around someone without the problem to know it is not working.

I think the 1st step is for VZW to prove the Droid Mini/Ultra/Maxx is working in the Lab - where you can send test alerts. As I stated in my 1st post: other users are complaining this feature stopped working after the 4.4 update. Google "verizon emergency alerts not working" and check out some of the links to other Android forums.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're not getting your alerts ms1951. I know this is frustating. Are your phones updated with the most recent software? Are you using any third party GPS applications. We want to ensure this feature is working properly.

KinquanaH_VZW
follow us on twitter @vzwsupport 

0 Likes
ms1951
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am running the latest software.

I do not use any third party GPS applications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ms1951,

I think you're absolutely right - we definitely need for this issue to be tested in labs to see if this is affecting all of these phones, or just a select number of them. I would like to reach out to our contacts at Motorola on your behalf. They will want account and phone specific information, and may also want your phone for hands on testing. I've requested to follow you. Please perform the steps listed here  to send me a Direct Message, and we can work together for a resolution.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ms1951
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone:  Droid MAXXSystem Version:  19.5.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.USAndroid version 4.4Verizon Account Number: (removed)

I am not going to post my ESN or Phone on an open forum.  If you need this info send a request via email to (removed)

Private info removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't post your personal information on this public forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes