Emergency Alert Ringer / Volume settings
wsr44011

How can I change the ringer/volume settings for Emergency Alerts.  Currently, I only see options to either enable or disable Extreme, Severe and/or Amber alerts.  When enabled it vibrates and emits this LOUD emergency alert tone.  When I disable; I don't get any alert for that category.  I want to get Severe alerts, but I only want it to vibrate.   I was woken up 3 times since Christmas Eve during the nights with non-urgent "Severe alerts", I consider a warning about 6" of snow not so urgent to wake me up.

What are my real options?

-Rick

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Emergency Alert Ringer / Volume settings
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know, you can't change the volume for Emergency Alerts.  To me, having the volume to where an Emergency Alert wouldn't wake you up kinda defeats the purpose of an Emergency Alert.

0 Likes
wsr44011

I'd want to change or mute the volume for the alerts that aren't of immediate concern for me.

Presidential Alerts (Terrorists are bombing my town) - Yes, I want that to be full volume.

Extreme Alerts: (Tornados are hitting my town) - Yes, I want that to be full volume.

Severe Alerts: (6 inches of snow are coming tomorrow) - Yes, I want the alert, but I don't want that LOUD alarm to go off.  (I got 3 of these in the past 3 days and there is yet to be snow here).

Amber Alerts: (Child Abductions) - Yes, I want the alert, but I don't need the LOUD alarm to go off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi wsr44011!  I understand these alerts can pose an inconvenience for you at times!  Although you can elect which alerts you want to receive, these alerts have a preset special sound and vibration.  I hope this settles your concerns with changing this option.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes