Email stopped
psalmfoxx

Two days ago my droid razr decided it would stop receiving emails (yahoo).  I can still send emails, but have no need to since I can't receive any.  Motorola's help page didn't help.  Turned Wi-Fi of, and on, didn't help. Removed and then added the account, didn't help.  No explanation.  No warning.  No error messages.  Just no email. Any thoughts?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Email stopped
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try setting it up as an 'other' account rather than Yahoo.  Or use the Yahoo mail app from Google Play or a mail app like K-9.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you tried Clearing your in & out boxes on your Yahoo account you might try that) i have had this issue happen to me on occasion sometimes it may take two or more attempts to get the mail to push through.. If Not having a Second Gmail account isn't a bad thing to Try.. b33

0 Likes
WilliamCutting

I'm having the same exact problem from two days ago. I've tried to set it up as an other account and it won't access the email account at all under any other option other then Yahoo. I tried "other" and "business" each with "Pop3, IMAP and Exchange" options with no success.  After setting the account back up it will not sync or receive emails. I can send emails though. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Do have the Regular Razr or the HD model..

0 Likes
TelaMonster

I'm having the same problem. Yahoo email stopped working 2 days ago! I have a Razr M. It was working great until this weekend. I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions also. No luck. Could it be something has changed with Yahoo? I saw a mention somewhere that you had to have a Yahoo Mail Plus account, but if that's true, why was it working and then stopped? Wouldn't it have just refused to work from the beginning?

0 Likes
TelaMonster

Just found this on another thread......this fixed mine. Good luck!

Settings > Application Manager > ALL tab > Email > Clear Data and Clear Cache

Then start over with the Email..like you did before.  It will ask you what your email address and password is that you currently use.  I use Yahoo! mail so I entered just like I would.

Works perfect.

0 Likes