Re: Email not working ....
realtor4u
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, but that's well beyond my expertise.  Seems to be working ok with a few hiccups since hard reboot.  I'm going to take it to a physical store if it starts acting up again.

Took well over an hour of total time to get it going again.  They (tier 2 tech support) told me it had to do with my phone being on wifi.  Apparently the Droid doesn't like that with regards to email.  Never had a problem with my blackberry.  Blackberry was incredibly efficient for email.

Thanks again~

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok your Welcome: An on BB's they handle Mail in some what of better Way because they're structure was built around it back Many years  ago it's more Streamline Kind of like the Rails of a High Speed Train..That is one of the Reasons the DOD has them over Android..

0 Likes
JNTNMN

New Razr owner and today, my email accounts are the same as everyone else is complaining about...tried searching the web for fixes, nothing works.  It is NOT my password, I'm signed in to AOL on my computer.  No access to AOL or GMail...ugh...my AOL emails are showing up on the phone from the 21st and that's it.

How frustrating...hoping the VZ techs are reading this.  I will wait it out to see if they get the problem fixed.  I'm not dependent on my phone for emails, etc., but I understand how frustrating this is to those that use this for business etc.  I was bragging how much I loved this phone...but I think this is a network problem and not the phone  I'm far from technical savvy, but can usually search the net the help myself out...this one not so much

edited to add:  I CAN access my gmail account...I was mistaken as I don't really use it, tried sending an email via gmail to someone who does use it and it went thru....still no AOL access thoughSmiley Sad

0 Likes
realtor4u
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, it's frustrating.  I'm seriously considering taking my Droid back.  I sent a time sensitive email with a document attached this morning and the other agent never received it.  I had to drive to my office (on a Sunday) to send it from my work computer.  Feels like I'm living in 1998 again.  The Droid is GARBAGE to me if the techs can't fix it when I go in this week

JC

<Personal information removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
avidskier
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem.  Only had the phone 2 weeks and the email issue happened.  What happended to me was the phone completely froze up and none of the buttons worked.  Couldn't even do a master re-boot.  I received a brand new Droid Razr Maxx on Friday, June 22 and we'll see how long it lasts.  Seems to be too many people are having this same problem.

0 Likes
avidskier
Enthusiast - Level 2

Realtor4u, let us know what happens to your phone.  I'm curious what Verizon will do.  When I went into the store they told me they had never seen my problem, with the phone frozen and couldn't use any of the buttons.  It took over an hour just to activate the phone and deal with their customer service on the phone because they wanted to charge me an extra $50 because of the price increase, which I shouldn't have to pay because their phone went dead.  It got all worked out in the end, but an hour of my time was lost.

0 Likes
riverRun007

Having same problem!! Very frustrating! It would be nice to see a reply from Verizon in here!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sometimes When the Employee's visit the Site they will Answer a Question like your's But keep in mind this is a Peer to Peer Site were We the Consumer tries to help answer it..If they see the post they might get back with you on the Post or have you send a Direct Message to them. Just have to Wait an see. But i hope starts working for you soon..b33

0 Likes
JNTNMN

I broke down and called Verizon today...had a wonderful tech to talk with.  He said that VZ is aware of 'the problem' and they are working on it but if I wanted to try resetting to factory settings, that may work.  Well, it did, I now have access to AOL email, but I had to re-add some apps.  My back up brought back most stuff.  Now I'm having trouble with a couple apps, but hopefully will straighten that all out.  Hope this helps someone else.

0 Likes
Meshel75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the factory reset with a Verizon representative on the phone.  It worked for a few hours & then went back to the same problem.  Still hasn't come back yet.

0 Likes