Re: Email not working ....
realtor4u
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue accessing my Hotmail account- mssg

" Connection error      The following error has prevented a successful connection: Incorrect username or password. Visit settings to correct.   [NO Mechanism not available] "

So I go to settings and reenter my password (which I've done probably 20 times today) and I get " Attention   Invalid credentials "

I'm a realtor so my email is CRITICAL to me....very frustrating.

I'm contacting support now if I can find a fix in some other threads

0 Likes
Volguy1971
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had the same with my Razr Maxx.  I did a complete factory reset, despite having this phone less than two weeks.  It seems to have corrected the issue, but can't swear my life on it.

0 Likes
realtor4u
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset today (had phone 2 weeks myself) and worked, somewhat- but I'm still having trouble sending emails from my phone using hotmail.  I'm going to a physical store tomorrow to see a tech.  Thanks for the reply~

JC

<Personal information removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

re-entering the pw doesn't help, generally you have remove, then recreate the account.

0 Likes
realtor4u
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried that-  it wouldn't even let me remove the account.  I really like this phone but I don't trust my emails are being sent out.  I KNOW most of them aren't-  earlier none of them were.

JC

<Personal information removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Here is Proper instructions to Set up Hot Mail for your Phone:  b33

To setup Hotmail on your DROID RAZR   once you have already set-up your phone, follow directions below.  If you are adding Hotmail account during your phone's initial startup, skip down to Set-up account menu (Instruction #3).

1. Open Applications tray, touch My Accounts
  2. Select Add Account
  3. You will be at the Set-Up accounts menu with several other social network icons.
  4. Select Email  icon
  5. Enter your full Hotmail email address, including "@hotmail.com" domain name in all lower case.
  6. Enter Hotmail password.
  7. Leave Automatically configure account checked.
  8. Tap on Next. phone will connect to your email server and state "Success!" if account was set-up correctly.

Your account is now set-up.  Please test sending and receiving an email. 

If you are having issues sending email from Hotmail after set-up, edit the Hotmail account Outgoing server settings, uncheck Use secure server and change the outgoing port from 25 to 587. (Use 587 for sending/outgoing settings with Wi-Fi )

• You should be able to send Hotmail email on port 25 if you are not on Wi-Fi .

During the connection, you may be asked to complete a manual set-up if your email provider is not recognized, your email address/password is incorrect, or if your email provider has restrictions on mobile email set-up. Please check with your email provider to obtain all the information above. You will need your POP3 or IMAP port and server settings to complete a Manual set-up. If you have this information ready, proceed to next section regarding Manual setup.

If prompted for manual setup, touch Manual setup. You can also get into manual setup by unchecking Automatically configure account after you entered your email address and password.

1. Touch General Settings, confirm information in all General Settings fields are correct. Make any necessary changes, then select OK to exit this menu.
  2. Touch Incoming Server.
  3. Select POP Mail Server
  4. Enter POP3 server - pop3.live.com
  5. Activate check on Use Secure connection and Verify Certificate
  6. Enter Port 995
  7. Enter / Confirm your Username (complete email address including the @hotmail.com)
  8. Enter / Confirm your Hotmail Password
  9. Tap on OK
  10. Select Outgoing Server
  11. Enter SMTP server - smtp.live.com
  12. Do not check Use Secure connection, but check Verify Certificate
  13. Enter Port - 587 (or 25 when Non-Wi-Fi)
  14. Enter or just confirm your Username (complete email address including the @hotmail.com) if already displayed
  15. Enter or just confirm your Hotmail Password if already displayed.
  16. Tap on OK
  17. Tap on Other Settings
  18. Select length of time messages will be kept on phone. (1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, Never Delete Messages)
  19. Tap on OK
  20. Tap on OK again to submit Hotmail set-up.

Your account is now set-up.  Please test sending and receiving an email.    

• If you are having issues sending email from Hotmail after set-up, edit the Hotmail account Outgoing server settings, uncheck Use secure server and change the outgoing port from 25 to 587
  • You should be able to send Hotmail email on port 25 if you are not on Wi-Fi. If you are using Wi-Fi, use outgoing port 587.

***You can also bookmark the Hotmail Web Brower internet address into your DROID RAZR  for full Hotmail functionality and access to your personal folders at  http://mobile.live.com

Hotmail, Live, and MSN email accounts now supports CorpSync connection for email accounts.

You can get your email, calendar, and contacts pushed automatically to your phone using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS). EAS keeps everything in sync between your phone and Hotmail, so whatever you do on your phone, like delete an email, add an appointment, or update one of your contacts with a new number, will also be reflected on the web, and vice-versa.

1. From the home screen, touch Apps Image> My Accounts > Add Account > Corporate Sync
  2. Enter your email address and password.
  3. Enter the following settings:
Field

Setting

Domain

Leave this blank

Password

Enter you password

User name

youremail@hotmail.com, youremail@msn.com, youremail@live.com

Use Secure Connection

Enable

Proxy

Leave Blank

Server

m.hotmail.com

• After the account has been validated,  go to Settings > Accounts, look for the new account that was just created; it will have the same name of the account that was used to start this setup process.
  • Select the correct account name; then tap on General Settings and change the account name to the correct name for your Exchange account followed by tapping on OK.

Transfer Hotmail contacts to your phone

To transfer Hotmail contacts to your phone:

Export your Hotmail Contacts

1. Sign in to your Hotmail account.
  2. Click the Contacts tabs.
  3. Click the Print view.
  4. Align the cursor with the first letter of the 'Name' column.
  5. Highlight your contacts by holding down the cursor and dragging it down the list.
  6. Hold down the 'ctrl + c' keys to copy the list.
  7. Open Microsoft Excel (or a similar spreadsheet program that supports comma separated values).
  8. Select cell A1 in Excel (the top square on the left side).
  9. Hold down the 'ctrl + v' keys to paste.(Note: Do not use 'Paste Special' command.)
  10. Select File > Save as and type 'CSV (Comma delimited).' (Note: Make a note of where you saved the file.)

Import Contacts into Google Gmail:

1. Log on to Gmail, and then click Contacts at the top of the page
  2. The Contacts list opens in a new window
  3. Click Import Contacts
  4. Click Browse, and then navigate to the .csv file that you created in the "Export Outlook Contacts" section of this article
  5. Select the file, and then click Import Contacts
  6. After your contacts are imported, a dialog box appears and displays the total number of contacts imported

Import to your phone:

1. On your phone, from the Home screen, press the Menu key
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Accounts
  4. Select your Google account marked with a "G" icon
  5. Make sure Sync contacts is checked with green checkmark.
  6. To immedately sync contacts, press Menu button, tap Sync Now
  7. Your phone will now sync and transfer your contacts from Gmail to your phone

Meshel75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just bought my Droid Razor Maxx 14 days ago & this same problem is happening on my phone. It just started yesterday 6/21/12. Getting the same error messages with both AOL e-mail & gmail. First it's "No credentials" & I've checked & checked & the passwords I putting in are correct.  I can go to the computer & check the email with no problem.  I'm also getting "NO mechanism, not available" message. I called Verizon support & after an hour on the phone doing a factory re-set, it appeared to go away 3 hours later it was back.  I'm getting a little dark orange triangle at the top left side of the screen also.  I took the phone back to the Verizon store where I purchased it last night & of course the triangle went away & everything was working.  They changed the SIM card any way.  Worked fine all night & this morning all of the problems are back.  This is very frustrating & no one can seem to help.  It's quite a coincidence that a bunch of us are having the same problem around the same time frame.

terryjo

just great (sarcasm). I have had my razer max 6 days and the same email problem is happening with my aol account but not my work account... I AM NOT HAPPY

0 Likes
terryjo

i guess i will have to go back to the store and give the sales clerk a piece of my mind......gosh i miss my blackberry even with all of its issues

0 Likes
CaptAwesome
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my phone Tuesday night, and it was working ok(except for my address book reloading, contacts deleted, duplicated, switched, etc), and as of last night(6/21) neither GMail accounts, nor my aol accounts are working. I'm getting the same NO mechanism, and invalid credentials messages. I'm on hold with tech support right now, but it's only the Tier I guy, so we'll see how this goes. Also the ice cream sandwich update is out and will be avail over the next few days(as tech guy tells me).

***Update*** Tech says it's a network issue, not hardware. and they are looking into. He also says the more people that call in, the more personell they will dedicate to the cause