Email not working ....
ieatu1990

Can someone help me with my problem?

So I just bought a Droid Razr and I have had a good experience with it but, I can not use the email.  A message keeps popping which is," The Following error has prevented a successful connection: Unable to connect to imap.vzw.net.  [Read timed out]."

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Email not working ....
ieatu1990

also I can not delete the emails either

0 Likes
jstuart83

I am having this same issue with my Gmail.  I called Tech support today and they sent me to Moto, the issue was pushed to the level 2 tech support with Moto they remoted into my phone and was able to see the issue there self.  The agent took some screen shots and was going to push it up the ladder i should hear something back tomorrow.  She told me that this was being caused by something Verizon had changed hopefully they will get this fixed.  

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

what email are you using?

0 Likes
achsviking61

I am getting thesame message. It appears that I can send and receive email but the site does not syncronize. When I go directly into my google mail icon the system appears to be up to date. It is only happening with the @ email icon. Looks like it the sync taking place between google mail and Verizon maybe the issue. My @ email is con tinuing to build and not being synced..

0 Likes
Richmond4G

I am having this same issue in March 2012.  Frustrating.

0 Likes
zork2112

I think the issue is with Verizon Backup Assistant.  I've been having some issues with it and I checked my account on the website (google "verizon backup assistant website" for the link).  I found out that it was backing up all my gmail emails!   Go into Settings then choose "Sync Points" and uncheck the options relating to your email.  Note, if your having problems connecting, you still have to deal with the issue of your contacts not syncing.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the sync you're talking about un-checking is not for syncing ba & gmail but for syncing the gmail account elements with the phone, calendar, contacts & email.

ba will not duplicate a sync phone numbers are already in gmail.

ba will not sync email addresses, only phone numbers & you must add email address to ba manually.

0 Likes
zork2112

Thanks for the clarification.  Do you know how I can stop it from backing up all my emails?  It's a feature I just don't need with a gmail account!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

within the account, un-check email sync.

0 Likes