Email nightmare
Claudi47

In the last month the following email problems have begun to occur.  I have been to several Verizon stores and no one has been able to help -- they shrug and say: these things should be happening,

1.      1. The same emails appear both in my Hotmail and in my gmail account on my phone

2.     2.  After deleting some emails reappear.

3.      3. Some emails duplicate themselves up to 6 to 8 times – sometimes in one account and sometimes in both.

4.      4. When deleting emails on one device they don’t delete on my other devices: droid, table, kindle, mini-computer, and desktop computer – re-deleting is time consuming – especially when they reappear or duplicate themselves.

Anyone have an solutions to suggest?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Email nightmare
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm going to address the first item for now. Are you syncing the Hotmail account with the Gmail account through the settings of the Gmail account on the Web?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Claudi47 wrote:

4.      4. When deleting emails on one device they don’t delete on my other devices: droid, table, kindle, mini-computer, and desktop computer – re-deleting is time consuming – especially when they reappear or duplicate themselves.

Anyone have an solutions to suggest?

Are you using IMAP or POP settings?  Here's an article on the difference.  http://www.geek.com/mobile/geek-101-pop-vs-imap-1536343/  My guess is you are using POP, and leaving the email on the server, so it is repeatedly being downloaded across your devices.  Try switching to IMAP and see if that decreases the duplicates.

Also, if you are using Gmail and pulling in your Hotmail to your Gmail - that would explain the duplicates.  Use Hotmail, or Gmail to access the Hotmail only.  I use my Gmail to pull in multiple emails - and I can filter which ones show up in my Gmail inbox and which ones get automatically sent to various folders and skip the inbox.  Gmail is awesome!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Claudi47, we want you to have sweet dreams from here on. Which device do you have? Did you make sure that the e-mail account is set up for auto sync in the settings of your device? This will ensure that e-mails received and deleted on your device will automatically sync to your e-mail's server. As a result, all changes in you e-mail inbox and trash folders will automatically reflect on other devices synced to this e-mail account. For device support, click http://bit.ly/y5iuoj

Have you tried deleting the e-mail account from your device and then resyncing it? Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes