Email and Synching issues
JLSC

How do I get my Hotmail account to synch with my droid.

If I delete an email on my computer --- it still shows on my phone.  If I delete an email in my phone....it does not update on my computer.  I am hitting the refresh but guessing there is something else missing.

Or have I purchased a phone where now I have to keep up my email in two locations....I am not going to be happy if that is the case!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Email and Synching issues
B33
Legend

Here is Some instructions that might can Help Ya!  Smiley Happyb33

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/product_page/faqs/p_country_code/US/p/30,6720,8417

How can I set up Hotmail?

For Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) users, Click here for  instructions.

To setup Hotmail on your DROID RAZR   once you have already set-up your phone, follow directions below.  If you are addingHotmail account during your phone's initial startup, skip down to Set-up account menu (Instruction #3).

1. Open Applications tray, touch My Accounts
  2. Select Add Account
  3. You will be at the Set-Up accounts menu with several other social network icons.
  4. Select Email  icon
  5. Enter your full Hotmail email address, including "@hotmail.com" domain name in all lower case.
  6. Enter Hotmail password.
  7. Leave Automatically configure account checked.
  8. Tap on Next. phone will connect to your email server and state "Success!" if account was set-up correctly.

Your account is now set-up.  Please test sending and receiving an email. If you are having issues sending email from Hotmail after set-up, edit the Hotmail account Outgoing server settings, uncheck Use secure server and change the outgoing port from 25 to 587. (Use 587 for sending/outgoing settings with Wi-Fi )

• You should be able to send Hotmail email on port 25 if you are not on Wi-Fi .

During the connection, you may be asked to complete a manual set-up if your email provider is not recognized, your email address/password is incorrect, or if your email provider has restrictions on mobile email set-up. Please check with your email provider to obtain all the information above. You will need your POP3 or IMAP port and server settings to complete a Manual set-up. If you have this information ready, proceed to next section regarding Manual setup.If prompted for manual setup, touch Manual setup. You can also get into manual setup by unchecking Automatically configure account after you entered your email address and password.

1. Touch General Settings, confirm information in all General Settings fields are correct. Make any necessary changes, then select OK to exit this menu.
  2. Touch Incoming Server.
  3. Select POP Mail Server
  4. Enter POP3 server - pop3.live.com
  5. Activate check on Use Secure connection and Verify Certificate
  6. Enter Port 995
  7. Enter / Confirm your Username (complete email address including the @hotmail.com)
  8. Enter / Confirm your Hotmail Password
  9. Tap on OK
  10. Select Outgoing Server
  11. Enter SMTP server - smtp.live.com
  12. Do not check Use Secure connection, but check Verify Certificate
  13. Enter Port - 587 (or 25 when Non-Wi-Fi)
  14. Enter or just confirm your Username (complete email address including the @hotmail.com) if already displayed
  15. Enter or just confirm your Hotmail Password if already displayed.
  16. Tap on OK
  17. Tap on Other Settings
  18. Select length of time messages will be kept on phone. (1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, Never Delete Messages)
  19. Tap on OK
  20. Tap on OK again to submit Hotmail set-up.

Your account is now set-up.  Please test sending and receiving an email.   

• If you are having issues sending email from Hotmail after set-up, edit the Hotmail account Outgoing server settings, uncheck Use secure server and change the outgoing port from 25 to 587
  • You should be able to send Hotmail email on port 25 if you are not on Wi-Fi. If you are using Wi-Fi, use outgoing port 587.

***You can also bookmark the Hotmail Web Brower internet address into your DROID RAZR  for full Hotmail functionality and access to your personal folders at  http://mobile.live.com

Hotmail, Live, and MSN email accounts now supports CorpSync connection for email accounts.You can get your email, calendar, and contacts pushed automatically to your phone using Exchange ActiveSync (EAS). EAS keeps everything in sync between your phone and Hotmail, so whatever you do on your phone, like delete an email, add an appointment, or update one of your contacts with a new number, will also be reflected on the web, and vice-versa.

1. From the home screen, touch Apps Image> My Accounts > Add Account > Corporate Sync
  2. Enter your email address and password.
  3. Enter the following settings:
FieldSetting
DomainLeave this blank
PasswordEnter you password
User nameyouremail@hotmail.com, youremail@msn.com, youremail@live.com
Use Secure ConnectionEnable
ProxyLeave Blank
Serverm.hotmail.com
  • After the account has been validated,  go to Settings > Accounts, look for the new account that was just created; it will have the same name of the account that was used to start this setup process.
  • Select the correct account name; then tap on General Settings and change the account name to the correct name for your Exchange account followed by tapping on OK.

Transfer Hotmail contacts to your phoneTo transfer Hotmail contacts to your phone:Export your Hotmail Contacts

1. Sign in to your Hotmail account.
  2. Click the Contacts tabs.
  3. Click the Print view.
  4. Align the cursor with the first letter of the 'Name' column.
  5. Highlight your contacts by holding down the cursor and dragging it down the list.
  6. Hold down the 'ctrl + c' keys to copy the list.
  7. Open Microsoft Excel (or a similar spreadsheet program that supports comma separated values).
  8. Select cell A1 in Excel (the top square on the left side).
  9. Hold down the 'ctrl + v' keys to paste.(Note: Do not use 'Paste Special' command.)
  10. Select File > Save as and type 'CSV (Comma delimited).' (Note: Make a note of where you saved the file.)

Import Contacts into Google Gmail:

1. Log on to Gmail, and then click Contacts at the top of the page
  2. The Contacts list opens in a new window
  3. Click Import Contacts
  4. Click Browse, and then navigate to the .csv file that you created in the "Export Outlook Contacts" section of this article
  5. Select the file, and then click Import Contacts
  6. After your contacts are imported, a dialog box appears and displays the total number of contacts imported

Import to your phone:

1. On your phone, from the Home screen, press the Menu key
  2. Touch Settings
  3. Touch Accounts
  4. Select your Google account marked with a "G" icon
  5. Make sure Sync contacts is checked with green checkmark.
  6. To immedately sync contacts, press Menu button, tap Sync Now
  7. Your phone will now sync and transfer your contacts from Gmail to your phone

Adding a Hotmail Account using Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

1. From the home screen touch Image > Settings > Accounts & Sync
  2. Tap Add Account > Email
  3. Select Windows Live Hotmail to add.If you would like to manually set up your account, touch Other from the email accounts screen.
  4. Enter the username and password. Your email account will be able to set up automatically.
    • If you are unsuccessful with setting up your account automatically, touch Other from the email accounts, enter your email address and password and touch Manual Set up.
      Select POP3
  5. Use the following settings:

Username: Enter / Confirm your Username (complete email address including the @hotmail.com)
    Password: Enter / Confirm your Hotmail Password
    POP3 server: pop3.live.com
    Port: Enter Port 995
    Security type: SSL/TLS
    Authentication Method: Auto
    Touch Next.

SMTP server: smtp.live.com
    Port: Enter Port - 587 (or 25 when Non-Wi-Fi)
    Security type: STARTTLS
    Authentication Method: Auto
    Touch Next and select the desired Inbox checking frequency
0 Likes
JLSC

Thanks...I am not sure that I want to get into doing all of this as the email is set up and was done in the store by a representative.

I am looking at where you specify the port.

I thought the two devices would send info to hotmail as that is not actually stored on my computer but on their server.

Hoping someone would have run into this but it seems to be a lot harder to set up than it needs to be ..... is there a setting that I am missing????

Email is set up...just not deleting messages.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome JLSC)   Smiley Happyb33

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you want an email to be deleted on both the device and computer, you should set up the email has Exchange sync. This will also delete the email from the server as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes