Email Application Storage Size
shap10

I am running out of application storage space due the stock email app getting too large in size.  I'm on POP3 and the stock email client is now taking up 2.1GB in the application storage.  There is ample space available in the internal storage however application storage now only has about 200MB available.  I've already deleted the trash and moved other apps to internal storage.  Aside from trying to go through my inbox and delete emails 1-by-1, does anyone have any recommendations on ways to free up some space or are there other apps available to possibly move the stock email app from it's current location?  The stock email app is pretty deficient in many ways so moving to another app provider may just wind up being the solution. 

Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Email Application Storage Size
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could clear the data for the email application. It will erase everything and force you to setup the email accounts again.

Settings >Apps >All tab >scroll down to email application > select it and press the clear data button.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shap10

Thanks for the response and I saw that option available in the app management section.  Would prefer to not do that as there are some work emails on there that I'd like to keep.  Do you see any other solutions besides that?  I wish the stock app had the ability to drop off emails at a specified time (say after 60 days). 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could remove just the POP3 account if the other are setup as exchange. Then reboot the phone to clear out the memory of that account. You can re-add it to set it up again.

Try reducing the number of days synced. Or set it to delete emails when you remove them from the server.

I know it is a pain, but sometimes it is worth clearing the data from the Email application and starting fresh.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also you can change the size of emails downloaded from the full email to just the headers or text only (1 or 5 KB) or restrict to 50 KB. Those are some of my size restriction options on my phone.

0 Likes
shap10

I don't believe there are options within the stock email client anymore on my Razr Maxx to limit the email downloads to text only or to exclude attachments.  Maybe I'm missing the setting but looked around for that extensively and could not find it.  Any thoughts on that? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have that phone, so I can't verify if the option is there with a POP3 account or any other account type.

0 Likes
shap10

Out of curiosity, where does it show up within your phone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the Tbolt, it is Mail > Menu button > Settings > send & receive > size limit

0 Likes