Highlighted

EMAIL ISSUE

Member

When I send an email which contains any word using an apostrophe such as we'll the recepient sees the following: we'll. Don't comes through as don't. Any explanation? I'm using ICS and comcast.net email without problem other than this oddity.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: EMAIL ISSUE

Sr. Member

OVBill wrote:

When I send an email which contains any word using an apostrophe such as we'll the recepient sees the following: we'll. Don't comes through as don't. Any explanation? I'm using ICS and comcast.net email without problem other than this oddity.

  Are you using the stock email app on the phone?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: EMAIL ISSUE

Member

Not sure I understand your question. When I set up the phone I set

comcast.net as my default email.

OVBill

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: EMAIL ISSUE

Sr. Member

OVBill wrote:

Not sure I understand your question. When I set up the phone I set

comcast.net as my default email.

 

OVBill

I wondered if you were using the email app that is pre-installed on the device, or if you downloaded a separate email client app, like K-9 mail.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: EMAIL ISSUE

Member

Sorry. I'm using the email software that was on board the Razr Maxx. I have

not downloaded any email app. I'm not sure if this issue came with the

recent upgrade to ICS or whether it was present in the previous OS. I was

unaware of it until a friend asked WTH my email meant and sent me a copy of

what he had received. There were more than several words with apostrophes

and it made the email look like a coded message!

From sunny Arizona

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: EMAIL ISSUE

Member

I'm having the same issue, only mine will also randomly delete e-mails instead of sending them, randomly re-populates e-mails I've deleted, (numbering in the hundreds) and won't show me any content in emails viewed from the phone. They should have tested this instead of unleashing it on us and cleaning up the mess after. I'm using the e-mail app that came with the phone and worked perfectly up until this update. I am very dissatisfied.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: EMAIL ISSUE

Sr. Member

OVBill wrote:

Sorry. I'm using the email software that was on board the Razr Maxx. I have

not downloaded any email app. I'm not sure if this issue came with the

recent upgrade to ICS or whether it was present in the previous OS. I was

unaware of it until a friend asked WTH my email meant and sent me a copy of

what he had received. There were more than several words with apostrophes

and it made the email look like a coded message!

From sunny Arizona

  I sent an email using the stock email client to my wifes phone, which her account also uses the default email app, and the email came through fine, without breaking down the apostrophe as code. What app/program is your friends using to view the message? Are they looking at it from a computer? Have you cleared the email app cache?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: EMAIL ISSUE

Member

Received your message on my PC. The email with the apostrophe issue was

received on a PC using Win7 OS, Comcast.net email and Outlook. I haven't had

any comments on this issue from recipients using smartphone/Comcast.net

email or Blackberry units.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: EMAIL ISSUE

Sr. Member

OVBill wrote:

Received your message on my PC. The email with the apostrophe issue was

received on a PC using Win7 OS, Comcast.net email and Outlook. I haven't had

any comments on this issue from recipients using smartphone/Comcast.net

email or Blackberry units.

  I just had my wife check the message on her computer, running Windows 7 and Outlook, and the message appeared with the crap in the message, so it has to be something that it is sending along with the message that Outlook does not like.

  I will do some more testing.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: EMAIL ISSUE

Member

This is message I sent to my son's Blackberry which he sent to me with

comment that it was received OK. Note the response:

I'm using Win7 OS, Comcast.net and Outlook Express:

My phone seems to send words with apostrophes as a garbled mess. Let's

see if it isn't an anomaly. Let me know if this comes through okay

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes