Duplicate Texts all the time
boaty3

Any one else having trouble with duplicate texts? I had a X2 and had a LIST of troubles with, finally after 4 devices Verizon worked with me to upgrade to the Razr. Well one of the issues I had with the X2 that was annoying was duplicate texts. I would recieve the same text from someone 2,3 sometimes 4 or more times in a row. Its now a problem on my Razr. I'm loving this phone except this. I do use Handcent because lets face it, the factory text app SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! But I've tried a few other text apps available in the market with the same results. I have the notifications for the factory text app turned off. Any clue?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Duplicate Texts all the time
B33
Legend

Sounds like a Issue that is Coming from the X2 an pushing on to your Razr.. Turn on the X2 an Do a Factory Reset to clear it all out When your Done Shut it Down.. Then Do a Clear of the Cache Partition on your Razr.. See if that Clears up your issue.. Let us now if it Works b33

0 Likes
dpgc21306

I have a Samsung Stratosphere and get duplicate texts on occasion, especially lately. Something is going on with Verizon now cuz everything is messed up!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Usually a Clear of the APP Setting should Get things Back to Normal or a Clear of the Cache Partition.. But if Not i would Contact C.S. an have a C.S.R go over it With you to Clear things Up.. b33 Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
drock1015

I am having the same problem on my razr. I have cleared all settings back to their default, uninstalled apps, reinstalled them, etc. but this has not resolved the issue. This morning I actually received one text 13 times in a row and the next one I received came though 9 times. The constant notifications are driving me crazy. Any ideas how to fix or should I just waste my time with customer service for them to not fix anything?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The phone that was re-placed by you Razr has been shut off..  An did you have any texting  issues with that phone thru its time that U used it..

0 Likes
drock1015

Yes, my droid x has been shut off and deactivated for 2 months. I never experienced any issues like this with the Dx. The problems I am having with the texting now i have only experienced with this phone and they began about 2 weeks ago. Texts from other Verizon customers seem to have more duplicates than texts from people on other networks, but when we are talking about 12-15 duplicates vs 8-10 it doesn't seem that much better.

0 Likes
Duplicate Texts all the time
boaty3

I'm using handcent for my messaging, Handcent finaly came out with a update that has fixed my issues. No duplicates anymore. YES!!!!!

0 Likes