Re: Dropping Wifi after 4.1.2 update
harwood

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did try to update router firmware and it cannot be updated by me; links for firmware update in router lead nowhere.  Called internet provider and they confirmed I cannot update the firmware and they cannot provide alternative router to solve issue.  They offered that I can buy a 3rd party router, but of course I would need to know what is compatible with Motorola phone.  Is there a definitive list of compatible wireless equipment with Verizon/Motorola android devices to avold more wasted time on this?  iPhones, iPads, Windows Laptops, Blueray players, etc. all work fine with the current router and settings.  It is only the Motorola device post software update that no longer connects due to authentication errors.

0 Likes
tnbonairediver

Nothing has worked. Still can't connect to the wireless at work. No problem any where else. Just have to wait for a fix.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I Understand.. b

0 Likes
harwood

Same here.  Internet provider sent replacement software with newer firmware.  Did not solve problem.  Verizon has booted me to Motorola for support.  I am now waiting for Level 3 Motorola to call me.  Level 2 Motorola can only say my router is not on the unsupported list.

0 Likes
Monkeytown

I'm having the same issue with constantly dropping/reconnecting wifi.  I noticed that if I set my router (Dlink 605L) to use g/b only, then it works.  But I just bought this router for the extended range of wireless-N!

0 Likes
harwood

As an update.  My internet provider replaced the router with same model but newer firmware.  This did not fix the problem.  Motorola level 3 support says that the Engineering department is working on issue.  I asked if they could send me a router that would work with the phone since my router does not.  They cannot because they don't know what routers will work with the phone after the update, but hope to know soon.  Nor would they commit to sending me a replacement router (if they find one that will work) as "that program has been discontinued."  Nor could they commit to name a replacement device that would work with the router since "numerous" devices are having an issue after the update.  

0 Likes
jbrynh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with my Maxx droping my Wi-Fi all to often. Tried the standard Verizon fixes, nothing has helped. Please make a real fix available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, jbynh

Thanks for reaching out to us today. I understand how important it is to stay connected to wi-fi when you are in a wi-fi area. Let's get to work on this and get this working ASAP. How long have you been having this issue? Is this your home wi-fi? Or do you have this problem no matter what wi-fi you connect to? Let's try to power off the router and remove router from phone and reconnect and see if the issue is resolved? http://vz.to/1mHU495 Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jonjpl2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Have the same problem....I've tried all the above mentioned fixes nothing works. The issue is in the 4.1.2 update. We really need the Kit Kat update to solve the issue. When will the happen?

0 Likes
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

I am facing the intermittent disconnect from WiFi as well. From what I have heard, I highly doubt it if the Razor Maxx is getting the update.