Re: Dropping Wifi after 4.1.2 update
RPrado
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wait a minute?  You're saying that the cell manufacturers do NOT get the Android OS and tweak it to their own needs and specifics?  And the carrier doesn't have any say in what they want on specific devices? 

As for no problems on other networks:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/249927-s3-jelly-bean-4-1-1-issues-t.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-4-1-4-2-jelly-bean/257961-sprint-samsung-galaxy-s2-epic-4g-...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/search.php?searchid=2610085

Face it...Any update we get, whether its for our phones, or even some video games, there's going to be bugs that companies didn't find or they happen that often with so few testers.  It's not until you have a few thousand phones or consoles using the update, that you truly find your issues.  But to say that Motorola doesn't make their phones or adapt an open source OS to their needs is like saying that Ford doesn't make their cars or their motors.

0 Likes
Not applicable

<< Content removed as duplicate of previous discussion >>

Now I said Motorola made the phones, and supplied the OS and then it went to Verizon for testing and other sinister doings and then Verizon released it. True soak test would have been numerous cell phones and connecting devices. But the percentage of folks with issues is small in the number of devices out there.

The links are great, but not a lot of complaints. which is what I am stating.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
drcondit

My Razor was frequently doing the same thing ... would connect on occasion though.  I updated the firmware in my router and haven't had a problem since.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
accgregh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its up to Motorola to fix it? That is pretty terrible customer service by Verizon. I was sold the phone by a Verizon rep and am experiencing the same problems as everyone else. Seems logical that since Verizon is a large distributor of these Motorola products they could put the most pressure on the manufacturer to remedy the situation. What kind of a response is "Up to Motorola to fix it"? If there is a clearer case of passing the buck I can't think of one.

In other forums I have read that this could be router related but I am using a fairly new WD MyNet750 HD router.

There is clearly a problem and it would appear Verizon is not providing any answers in any forum including this one. Shameful.

debster863
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am haivng the same issue with the wifi, I have a new router at home and it is working for all my devices except the Samsung galaxy S3. However before this latest update it was working fine with my router. It is also happening while I am at work, it connected fine last week but since the upgrade it is continuously dropping from the work one too.

Two different networks causing the same trouble, I am thinking it is the phone. I now can not use it as it is always using data. I never hardly used data with the phone until the upgrade last week. Smiley Sad  Can we get some help on this matter.

Thanks.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a real head scratcher, debster863. I use the S3 and have not seen these problems after the update. Sometimes after a software update it becomes necessary to complete a master reset. I know this can be a painful somewhat time consuming issue, but it's very effective. Please give it a try and let me know if it works...http://tinyurl.com/n29ykn2

Chauncey_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
klik2rik

Does the factory reset actually solve the WiFi issue? I will be furious if I reset the phone and get the same results. I purchased my RAZR HD at the end of August with no idea of the WiFi trouble... which is, evidently, widespread. Not having reliable WiFi is a major pisser, to say the least!

Is this a conspiracy by Verizon to drive-up mobile data usage?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Personally don't do a factory reset. you are better off turning the router on and off and then try and connect your phone.

at worst you may need a router or modem firmware update. At worst case it costs you $40-$300 for a new router that supports tge Jelly Bean OS on your device.

Good Luck

Many isp's provide a updated modem or router if they supplied it. please note there is a load of postings as to the routers and modems not supportave of Jelly Bean. Google it for the list.

0 Likes
klik2rik

Thank you for your suggestions, but I've previously done both of those suggestions based on other posts. What else can I do to solve the WiFi problem? It's extremely annoying to be repeatedly cut-off while working online. Is there an update scheduled soon to correct the problem?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
droidmaniac29
Contributor - Level 1

I have a droid razr hd and have the same issues with the wifi, also had a droid 3 that had wifi issues not sure what the problem is.  I have trouble connecting at my home, my girlfriends home, school, pretty much anywhere there is wifi I run into a issue connecting to it.  I do not understand what the problem is, funny thing is I asked one of the IT guys at my school about the issue and he has a droid razr, and he said he also has problems connecting to wifi.  I don't know what the problem is, but it seems to be a ongoing issues with motorola.

0 Likes