Re: Droid razr screen cracking
Gmax8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Site doesn't come up. Motorola is not helping me and my phone was less than two weeks old, sitting in a car, when it cracked.

0 Likes
ftx437

I am sorry. This is complete bullshit...I have had 3 different razrs now...first one i dropped, screen shattered. Paid the 99 buck for a warranty replacement, got a refurbished phone. That phone got so hot that it fried and luckily that was under warranty and was replaced with yet another lovely refurbished phone.....now, that one screen is cracked again, and all i was doing was clicking on an icon. The fact that they pretend that this screen it "tough" and "highly damage-resistant" (that from the gorilla glass site), and by googling you see there are a lot of people that have the same issue. It really pisses me off, that Verizon has to know about this, and yet do nothing about it. I made a huge mistake switching to Verizon and getting a Motorola phone..

0 Likes
csamarco

I also have a mysterious screen crack. I have had mine in a Otterbox defender case which was recommended by Verizon since I bought the phone. I was charging it over night and the next day I discovered that there is a crack where buttons on the bottom are. The phone has not been dropped and only taken out of the case when dust gets under the Otterbox screen protector. I think everyone who has this issue needs to report it to the Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org/ because it is apparent that these complaints are going unheard through Verizon and Motorola.

0 Likes
Gmax8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to agree. I sent Motorola the link to Verizon's community page and they said it wasn't official because it wasn't from Motorola and they knew nothing of this problem and/or anyone getting their's replaced for free.  Coincidentally, I had just mentioned to my husband that my charger was extremely hot when I unplugged my phone. That was the day it came back to my car and found the glass cracked.

Gmax8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd have to agree. In speaking with Motorola this morning, I was told the glass is Corning. Gees, I have Corning casserole dishes that I got when I got married and you're talking almost 44 years ago now. Unbelievable. My phone was just over two weeks old.

ianmonfred
Enthusiast - Level 1

I left Verizon Wireless because of my screen on my RAZR MAXX cracking from setting on a table. They didn't believe me and told me I'd need to file a claim and pay the deductible. There has to be flaw that is not being addressed because this seems to be a fairly prevalent problem.