Droid razr screen cracking
mputzer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems like many people are having same issue with screen cracking.  But, no answers from Verizon.  Mine did yesterday and I used it, put in coat pocket, got in car and pulled it out and it was cracked.

Labels (2)
Re: Droid razr screen cracking
B33
Legend

How did this Happen Care to share it with Us?   By the Way was coat on you when you got in your Car, If it was on you Was it a Tight Fit..Or did you toss the Coat into the Car ?

0 Likes
mputzer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have gave most of the facts, just put it in my pocket and two minutes later in the car is was cracked.  Did close it in the door, or wasn't a tight fit, or toss it in the car.  The Verizon person said she had heard about pressure breaks with the phone before with nothing forced to make it break. 

B33
Legend

Well i mentioned a few weeks back when the topic on the Glass just was starting.. the problem one's might be having an are now having is like what the Dodge Owners Went thru.. Who Purchased The big Ram 1 ton Trucks they had the V10 in them an that Engine had so Darn Torque it Literally twisted the frame just it enough that it Would Crack the Front Windshield. Dodge spent a bunch of Money Replacing the Windshields an for some Owners it happened more than Once!.. b33

0 Likes
draythomp
Enthusiast - Level 3

There's something different in the response you got from the CS agent.  They admitted to hearing about it.  That has been notably missing from conversations in the past.  Up until now they, "have never heard of it."  I suspect that the complaining that we have all been doing is finally starting to trickle around the corporation.

I recommend you put a couple of reviews out there.  There's a place here on Verizon, but amazon.com is a really good place.  Some folk have gotten into the habit of looking at the amazon reviews before making a purchase so they know what they may be getting into.

Bad reviews work folks.  If I had known the darn thing would break when you blew the dust off the screen, I would have looked for a different phone or waited a while.

B33
Legend

Draythomp sent ya DM Check it Out..

0 Likes
Pyretta_Blaze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine cracked three days after I got it!  It started as a little scratch on the screen when I got it, right over the camera on the face then all the sudden just cracked like a starred windshield.  I called Verizon right away and was told I have to replace it through the warranty company and pay $90 deductible because it was "not their problem".  I'm still using it even with the cracks, as I am not paying anymore money for this POS then I already have, and now there are shards of glass falling out.  Such a rip-off!

B33
Legend

As soon as the Crack was seen it should have been re-turned to a Store..

0 Likes
Pyretta_Blaze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Speaking to your response, the only corporate store near me is in the city

next to mine. I did bring the phone to them and was told that it would be

considered physical damage, even though I didn't do anything to it, and

since I did not buy the phone through their store, but instead through the

Verizon online store, I would have to follow the online instructions, which

is how I ended up on the phone with Verizon, then Motorola. They are NOT

helpful at this store at all, and yes, I do have a complaint in to the

district manager.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Understand.!  It's sad that some stores don't Honor this to me it should all be the Same..

0 Likes