Re: Droid razr maxx email "sync error"
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, let's hope the issue is resolved soon.  In the meantime, as far as workarounds, there's also the Yahoo Mail app in the Play Store, or set your Yahoo mail up as an IMAP account.

0 Likes
Indian
Contributor - Level 1

I too hope this issue is resolved soon.....but I wouldn't hold your breath.  If memory serves me correct.....and I am old and my memory isn't what it used to be........I think this issue has been going on for nigh on to a year.  Does anyone know if JB fixes this issue?  Thanks  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wouldn't hold my breath on JB being the grand fix, either.  I know at least one poster who had no issues with ICS on their Razr Maxx, but their Razr M with JB has e-mail sync issues.

0 Likes
Danogrz

Tried the other option. It worked for now

0 Likes
Desertrokon
Enthusiast - Level 1

tikibar1,

Thank you for your reply! I read the other threads that you linked to, and then set up my Yahoo account as "Other" as you suggested and it seems to be working now.

Indian,

I have only had this issue for approximately 3 days now, and my phone (Razr Maxx HD) was updated from ICS to JB about 3 weeks ago.....

0 Likes
gsmith7496

I may not be an expert, but it seems that the problem lies with the sign in. Yahoo and AOL use your ID not your email address for sign in. The My Accounts tries to use your email address and gives the incorrect sign in error. after setting up in My Accounts when trying to sign in open settings and enter account name as you would sign in through Yahoo. Or just use the Yahoo email app.

0 Likes
Chell73
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for this answer!  I've been having these issues with my Razr M for the last 4-5days and your suggestion has fixed my problem Smiley Happy.  I've read somewhere that Yahoo changed something and I wonder if that is causing these errors. 

0 Likes
hhj
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm getting this ALLOT and i'm not sure what to do???????

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please read through the posts on this thread; there is apparently a system issue going on with e-mails since it's affecting various phones with various e-mail services (but mostly Yahoo and AOL based on the posts), with some on ICS and some on JB.

Try setting your e-mail account(s) up under Other, or if you have Yahoo, download/install the Yahoo Mail app from Google Play.

0 Likes
Myallymyally
Enthusiast - Level 2

It won't sync my hotmail account. How in the heck do you run a business and not have fully functional, equip? Esp when it costs near 600 bucks? that's MY question. Isn't verizon kinda defrauding us? I love my new phone but after this stupid update and not knowing how to turn off vibrate on incoming txt messages, i'm kinda upset.

0 Likes