Droid maxx 2 sd card issues
jmtriton1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone is only a week old and i keep getting a warning aboutsd card now all my pictures are gone does anybody else have this problem and were you able to fix it

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid maxx 2 sd card issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, jmtriton1. I regret to hear that you have lost some pictures! I know how important keeping those memories are. How long have you had the SD card? What warning were you getting about the SD card? After all of the pictures disappeared, have the warnings continued to come up?

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bss167

I have a similar issue, but it is not limited to pictures.  My phone will periodically unmount SD card with no warning and can only be fixed by resetting phone.  When I reset the phone it comes back after a minute or two.  If I leave it off for a while it stops... But I should not have to leave my phone off for it to work.

Today for the second time in two months the phone has completely corrupted the card and will not recognize it until I remove it and reformat it.

This is not a card issue, it is the phone.  I do not know if it is Android or Motorola at fault but I am tired of reading people complaining about this issue and the moderator just saying try to reformat your card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how urgent it is that your important information be saved properly. In the event that this continues happening, we recommend using a Cloud service such as VZ Cloud to back up photos, documents, contacts etc. http://vz.to/1qEWdVq

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Crazykrasus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having issues with mine as well have tried several different sd cards and none will work it says every sd card is corrupt but when I try to erase and format the sd card it freezes at 30% if I need to send my phone in for warranty I will but this is getting really annoying I can't even transfer my photos from my phone to my computer cause my phone freezes up AMD disconnects itself every time I hook to my computer

KRISHART31
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I have both had issues with this phone and the pictures not showing up. We have both gotten new SD Cards and we have both gotten new phones and still having the issues. Most of the time it won't even display the card is even in the phone. My phone will take the pictures then in my gallery just shows a gray box. This is the 3rd phone that in a little over a month and same issues.

JACNIC80

My husband is having problems with this and it turns into him having to turn off his phone maybe even a couple times a day.  It was a brand new SD card Class 10 in accordance with Motorola's recommendations.  Offering to utilize the cloud is a useless suggestion to the problem.  I can't believe that is the only suggestion you offer this complaint that MANY people are having.  I tried to hook up the phone to my computer to do a backup, but the phone kept disconnecting itself from my computer.  So I find it IRONIC that your suggestion would be to BUY CLOUD BACKUP!  I have visited several forums about this issue and it seems no one has a real, true solution. 

PLEASE DISCUSS THIS ISSUE WITH MOTOROLA AND GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE ISSUE!!!

0 Likes