Droid Turbo spontaneous wifi connectivity issue
Meghan321

My Droid Turbo has been working just fine with my home wireless router/internet until two days ago. Now it constantly connects, disconnects, 'connection failed'. Even when it does connect for a minute or so, it will either say 'connected, no internet' or it will say it's connected but the actual internet does not work (even though it says there is internet). I've tried everything to fix. Both the 2.5 and 5ghz have the same issue. Downloaded wifi fix apps, youtube instructions for clearing the network settings, airplane mode, forgetting/re-resetting wifi connections, etc... I logged in to my modem and made sure it wasn't filtering MAC address... tried turning off the modem firewall, I've tried giving the phone wifi connection a static IP address. I even did a factory reset. Nothing has fixed this and I haven't been able to access wifi internet at home for 2 days. My laptop and roku all connect to wifi/internet with no issues. Nothing else has changed over the last two days so I have no idea why this would suddenly be an issue.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo spontaneous wifi connectivity issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meghan321,

Being able to connect to WiFi when you need it most is everything. We're sorry to learn that you're suddenly experiencing these issues, but we're here to help in any way possible. You've done a lot of great troubleshooting steps so far and a factory reset will usually fix a lot of issues. To confirm, are you able to successfully connect to and use WiFi sources outside of your home? 

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Meghan321

ShawnteJ - I just checked yesterday and same issue when trying to connect to wifi at work or on friend's hotspot. This seems to be an issue with the phone. I spoke with a friend who is IT/ET and he noticed the IP address of the phone keeps toggling itself back to a number that doesn't seem like a cell phone IP: 100.90.87.99. We believe it should be something more like 192.168.##... He tried updating to a more reasonable IP but each time it connects/disconnects from the wifi it changes it's IP address back to 100.90.87.99. Not sure if that's a red herring, but seems odd and phone still not working on wifi.

0 Likes
CKH1539

Did this question get answered?  I am having the same problem with wifi connectivity on my droid turbo 2. Will go off and on sporadically with office wifi router, and won't connect at all with my mifi hotspot at home.  My tablet connects just fine to both of these, so I know its the phone issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meghan321, thank you for the additional info. It's important you can connect to WiFi. Prior to this happening, were there any changes such as new apps or software updates?

TracyB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes