Re: Droid Turbo rarely rings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get all your calls Smokinlib1! I'm sorry to learn that this issue continuous even after troubleshooting with our tech support team! I understand as per your post that your phone was reset, was the procedure outlined in this link http://vz.to/1wDWAka done to reset your phone to factory settings? If so and issue continues, we may need to consider a http://vz.to/uyYF0o warranty replacement. Please confirm.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbcollier22 [buggs849 I'm sorry for all the frustration! We want to make things as simple as possible for you. Let me save you a trip to the store. Is anyone else having the issues? Does this happen on every phone call? What zip code are you in? Please provide details so we can help.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I had this same issue and there is an easy fix.  You have to clear out the cache partition.  If you go to the Verizon page and go to troubleshooting on the droid turbo, there are instructions there on how to do it.  Once I did that no more problems with the calls coming through.  Its basically where all your temporary internet files are stored and when it gets too full, the phone does not ring when people call. 

Bavette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried it, Kelly. Thank you for the suggestion. I don't know yet if it will work as my phone started randomly ringing yesterday. I'll report some day if I have or do not have any issues. I wonder what the internet temporary files have to do with the phone not ringing and going straight to voicemail. That is interesting.

If I remember right, the title under the Troubleshooting for the Droid Turbo was "Clear Temporary Internet Files". Obviously, it didn't say anything about the issue but just tells you how to do it.

0 Likes
bootleg956

My turbo stopped ringing too, but it seems it only does it some times.  This is a big issue for me because I am on call at night for work and if I miss a call (like last night, missed 4) it is a big deal. I also noticed that when I make calls, the ringing on my side stops after a half a ring, then i hear nothing until someone picks up.  I have been told by the people I call that they usually need to say hello a few times before i hear them.  What the hell? Everything worked fine until I switched to the advance calling feature.  Has anyone had any luck with turning that off?  Help

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

OK so the other day I posted that Verizon offered me a fix for this problem by clearing the cache.  Well sorry folks, but it was only temporary.  I called Verizon again last night and was told that they are waiting on a software upgrade/fix from Motorola and that there is no date given by Motorola to expect the fix.  That does not meat it won't be quick, but just that they are not really communicating well with Verizon.  At least they are admitting its a problem now.

jbcollier22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just glad they realize there is a problem and are working on it.  I hope the software upgrade comes quick. 

0 Likes
cllang
Enthusiast - Level 1

So have the same problem, but found that the phone kept defaulting the mobile network to 'global'.  As soon as you go into settings/more/mobile network/ preferred network type set to LTE/CDMA

ricwothek

same problem here with the Turbo.

just started having the same problem of not receiving calls. at first the phone would just go to voice mail, now it says that the verizon wireless customer is unavailable. talked to a CS rep and they refreshed the sim card and assured me that the problem was solved and then i was able to receive calls. but the next morning same problem occurred. so i powered off my device and powered it back up and once again able to receive calls. contacted CS again to see what was causing this and they asked if they could call me back to see if the problem was fixed by the reboot ( i told them that i tested the phone prior to calling them and that the call went through) and of course their call went through.. then i questioned why my voice mail wasn't working now and callers hear i'm unavailable so she wanted me to hang-up and let the call go to voice mail. needless to say the problem occurred again and she was unable to reach me, via call, voice mail or text message. Called CS back and asked to speak with the person who was originally helping me and they said she would call me  back Funny. explained that i was not able to receive call and the CS rep suggested that I dial *73 and disable call forwarding as in their words, SOMETIMES THIS TURNS ON FOR NO KNOWN REASON, so i did, called from my wife's Phone and still same problem. Then i rebooted my phone again and able to receive call. wasn't until i rebooted the phone again did i receive a text stating that the first CS rep  was unable to reach me and to please call CS back as soon possible.  I was told that this could be a sim card problem, tower problem (even though on there end everything is good and I've always had Full bar strength and always had great strength during this problem) Or it could be a device problem. Three solutions that may fix the problem. the only problem is that i won't know until someone informs me that they tried to reach me, when they see me or when i call them. i agree i need a phone that works all the time and not after a reboot. I also would think the Tech support should be able to isolate the cause and not give you three option that you won't know if they work until someone tell you that they called you. @

0 Likes
buggs849
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing fixes it. Please continue to call Verizon. I was told by CS that they had not heard of a problem. When I mentioned this verizon community chat and if they had read all the complaints was told that this is just a venting chat for good or bad remarks. They will not recognize a problem with the droid unless everyone floods their lines with calls. Please continue to call them.

Sent from my iPhone