Re: Droid Turbo rarely rings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Bavette!

I don't want you having any issues with your Droid Turbo! Incoming calls are important, so let's get this fixed for you! Do you notice any pattern with this, like certain areas or happening only with certain contacts, etc.? Have you received any incoming calls since the update? Please test this by powering your phone off, waiting 1 minute, then powering on. First, make a call out (you can use #832 send as a test call), then try an incoming call and see if that call comes in. Please keep us posted on this, thank you!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bavette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can make calls just fine. I just don't consistently receive them. It seems to go in days or several hour spurts. Then all of a sudden, I will start getting calls again. I think it is fixed and I stop receiving them. I have no missed calls. But will immediately receive a voicemail if one is left.

0 Likes
Bavette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I typically have 3-5 bars.

0 Likes
CMHScott
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. Been in my home for years. Had a Moto X, HTC Thunderbolt, Blackberry Storm and never had an issue like this. 

The only thing that has changed is the phone.

I'm really disappointed in the Turbo overall compared to the Moto X. I thought this would be similar with improved performance but even the interface isn't as nice.  And still no Lollipop.

Add to it WiFi and Bluetooth issues and this is probably my least favorite phone ever.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bavette,

Thank you for the great details. Do you notice if this happens when only in a certain area on when indoors? Do you have any issues with sending or receiving text messages during this time? Have you already removed and reinserted the SIM? http://vz.to/1wC5hvk

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CMHScott, 

I'm sad to hear you are not enjoying your Turbo as much as you thought you were going to, and I'll be happy to help bring a little more happiness back when it comes to this phone.

What zip code are you in and how often is your phone not ringing? When someone is calling does it show on the screen that they are calling, but there is no sound? What about vibrating? Will it do that when a call is coming in?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
buggs849
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem!  Unacceptable!!  All these "do this, do that" does not work.  Right now I cannot use this EXPENSIVE  phone.  Heading to the store for a resolution!  There are enough people having this same problem that Verizon can be forced to do something!!

0 Likes
Smokinlib1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Verizon!  What are you going to do about this $700 phone that only works part time?  I spent a hour on the phone yesterday with tech support to have them reset it and everything and guess what!  Today it is only missing half the calls.  Same issue as before.  No missed call notice and no ring.  Just a voicemail sometime later from someone telling me they tried to call me but the phone went straight to voicemail.  Enough of this.  What are you going to do about this?  Should have gone with the IPhone

CMHScott
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Yeah doesn't ring is probably not the best description, but goes straight to voicemail is better said. This just happened to be the thread where it clicked that I've been having this same issue.

Has happened in 43204 43123 43228 43026.

Goes straight to voicemail so no ring, no vibrate, no missed call, no anything. All I end up with is a voicemail notification. I will be sitting right there.

Scott

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
buggs849
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone, PLEASE, PLEASE call Verizon about this problem.  I have been going back and forth with them all afternoon.  They claim this is not a known problem UNLESS you CALL them to complain.  This forum is just for us to vent.   Flood their phones.

0 Likes