Droid Turbo rarely rings
jbcollier22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a new Droid Turbo for Christmas and I've noticed sense then that it rarely rings through when someone calls.  It rings on the callers end, but nothing ever happens on my end unless they leave a voicemail.  I've checked to make sure call forwarding isn't on.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Turbo rarely rings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll figure this out, jbcollier22! Are you having any issues making calls? Follow the steps in our Troubleshooting Wizard for being unable to receive calls to diagnose and correct the issue. http://vz.to/12TLCsR  

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbcollier22
Enthusiast - Level 2

None of the items on the troubleshooting wizard fixed the issue.  Turning the phone off and on will sometimes temporarily fix the problem, but not always and not for long when it does. 

0 Likes
jbcollier22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I forgot to mention that no, I am not having any issues placing calls.  Only receiving them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking steps to troubleshoot! Where does this happen most? What does the signal bars show on your phone when this happens?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
jbcollier22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where I'm at doesn't seem to have any effect on it.  I live in a very good service area and get at least 3 out of 5 signal bars almost everywhere I go, including inside my house.  I never experienced this problem with any of my previous phones unless I was in an area with poor service. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your reply! Please try removing and reinserting the SIM card to ensure it is seated properly.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
jbcollier22
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is one of the steps the Troubleshooting Wizard listed and I tried that but it didn't appear to have any effect either.

0 Likes
Smokinlib1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am have the same problem.  Started about 2 weeks ago.  Phone is only a month old.  I use this phone for work and not receiving calls is unacceptable.  When the owner calls and calls and I don't know it until I get a voice mail hours later (that is another issue, voice mails with no info) it is absolutely unacceptable!  I have done everything you have asked others to do here and no help.  What good is a "phone" if it can't perform it's most basic function?  This problem needs to be resolved and fast!

0 Likes
Bavette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem. It seemed to have happend right after the update on December 17.

0 Likes