Re: Droid Turbo overheating
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

No problem, just hope the warranty covers overheating, whether just sitting outside or using Google maps or even Verizon Navigator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
psf57,

We do not want you to have to worry about an overheating device anymore. As long as your device does not have any physical or water damage it will be covered under the warranty policy. Did you have a chance to go by the VZW store location to have them inspect the device yet?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Yes I did. Of course, in ac Smiley Happy, it didn't overheat. They checked it over. Told me just to keep an eye on it. So will do that.  The hottest it has been so far is 124.8. Then brought it inside in the ac and it went down rather quickly.

Thanks for the response, glad it would be covered under the warranty Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tracey17

I am having the same issue with my phone overheating after I use it for ANY REASON for a few minutes.  It seems to be getting worse. My last phone wasa Droid Ultra and I never had this problem. I've only had this phone for a few months and I'm not happy.  I have a CPU cooler app that I have to use repeatedly.  Should I try exchanging this phone for a different one??

0 Likes
jrod212

this phone is ridiculous.  It heats up in like 5 minutes of use.  I am ditching it and going back to the maxx.  only reason I switched out is because my maxx had taken a big fall and the screen cracked, and the leftmost button no longer worked...

How they could release a phone that overheats like this is fucking mind boggling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tracey17,

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your device overheating. We do not want you to have to worry about your device getting hot after such a low amount of usage. Do you notice if your phone still overheats when you place it in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/1yAh4vr

LindseyT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jrod212,

We understand the importance of having a phone that does not overheat. When did you begin to experience the issues with your Turbo overheating? If you go into Settings>Apps>Running how much RAM is showing free?
LindseyT_VZW
0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

They did tell me "overheating damage" is covered under the warranty. So, me, if it overheats and gets damaged will just keep turning them in. I never had a phone run so hot. If it's  30 degrees outside the phone temp runs around 80. If it's  80 out phone temp (not using) runs around 110.  So figure, let it overheat. Next phone  going back to Samsung. Seems since Lenovo bought Motorola everything went to h*ll. A shame, just like no updates.

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

psf57 wrote:

Next phone  going back to Samsung.

Ditto.  Overheating may be :normal: with Motorola phones, but My Samsungs never got as hot as this phone...no matter what I was doing.

0 Likes
tracey17

Yes my phone still overheats.  I have had it for about a month now, I have deleted all unnecessary apps.  I was going to exchange it for a Droid Maxx, but I noticed that I only had 14 days for an exchange.  So disappointed in this phone Smiley Sad

0 Likes