Re: Droid Turbo overheating
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

Well, the next Samsung should have Google M (replacement for LP). I expect any day now we'll hear how buggy 5.1 is so Verizon will skip straight to M.

I800C0LLECT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are all the temps posted in Celsius?

You could have a bad processor batch that they didn't catch. If those temps are in Celsius then take a screen shot. Take another of the message if possible and get a replacement.

You just got a lemon

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

I800C0LLECT wrote:

You just got a lemon

Apparently, Motorola had a great harvest.

0 Likes
I800C0LLECT
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's your problem? I never said his issues didn't exist.

As long as you aren't approaching 250 Fahrenheit then the chip and silicon are fine. That's why I asked if people are are referencing Celsius, because 120 Celsius is ludicrous but 120 Fahrenheit is well within specification and is nothing to worry about.

The way processors are "grown" means that they all require different voltages to operate and some batches are better than others.

The only other issue would be the battery. Both are warranty scenarios and if handled right is replaceable.

What is it with people and their nasty attitudes these days?

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

It's  mainly when a phone gets so hot you cant handle it with bare hands, that is not normal. Is it.

0 Likes
I800C0LLECT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question. The big problem is convincing Verizon or Motorola that the issue exists. I think screen shots would help.

Are you able to do that? Especially if you can capture the temperature of the hardware.

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

Eddiear wrote:

PLEASE unbunch your panties. No one accused you of anything.

sarcasm

[sahr-kaz-uh m]

noun
harsh or bitter derision or irony.

a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark

To answer your question: A phone buggier than a rain forest floor.

Better?

0 Likes
I800C0LLECT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was it really necessary to try again after the mod deleted our posts?

You tried to make a joke at my expense and posted a definition that clearly articulates my point about having a bad attitude.

Although sarcasm is generally accepted these days it's clearly disrespectful when directed at individuals. Let's just move on.

gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Believe I found solution to overheating.  I took the case (heavy plastic) off the phone and so far so good.

0 Likes
tracey17

I never even thought of that.  Good idea, I will try it tomorrow!!!

0 Likes