Droid Turbo is stuck in the middle of booting up
dallasdalice
Enthusiast - Level 1

Phone is stuck in the middle of booting up, on the "Droid" screen, just past the encryption password screen. Pressing and holding the power button re-boots, but it just gets stuck in the same spot. I cannot figure out how to factory reset the phone since it is neither "off" nor fully "on". All the other forums I've found suggest removing the battery, but this phone does not have a removable battery. How can I get past this stuck screen? If I can't do that, how can I factory reset the phone? I have not installed any custom ROMs or anything like that...

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo is stuck in the middle of booting up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dallasdalice

I want to ensure your new Droid Turbo is working as expected!

Here are the steps for factory resetting the Droid Turbo while the device is powered off: http://vz.to/1tyzpqd.  Please let me know how this works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dallasdalice

I want to ensure your new Droid Turbo is working as expected!

Here are the steps for factory resetting the Droid Turbo while the device is powered off: http://vz.to/1tyzpqd.  Please let me know how this works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
boosh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this problem right now. My Droid Turbo gets frozen on the boot screen for 5-20 minutes, then eventually boots up, then after a little while freezes and I have to restart it.  Then when its booting up it freezes again, over and over.

I have factory reset it and deleted the other data a few times.  Neither of them worked.  I deleted a few apps and that didn't work either.

boosh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you resolve this issue?

0 Likes
Peacock521
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issues with my turbo also. I have factory reset it and everything, just to have it turn on but get stuck on the boot up screen that says droid so beyond FRUSTRATED!!!!!! I had the phone for only a month when I was using it and it got REALLY HOT and just shut off, and then this is what has been happening so I had to switch back to my old cell phone and I am NOT HAPPY!!!

Peacock521
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issues with my turbo also. I have factory reset it and everything, just to have it turn on but get stuck on the boot up screen that says droid so beyond FRUSTRATED!!!!!! I had the phone for only a month when I was using it and it got REALLY HOT and just shut off, and then this is what has been happening so I had to switch back to my old cell phone and I am NOT HAPPY!!!

Like0

ShibaMom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues!!  They started a few days ago.  After I implemented the VZ Protection! I have since disabled it and factory reset the phone 3 TIMES!

I am currently awaiting another freeze!

I took the phone to a local store and they had no idea how to fix it. I am fed up with this phone!

0 Likes