Droid Turbo headphone jack not working with TRRS
KEVKEL93

Suddenly, my Droid Turbo is not compatible with any TRRS headphones (headphones with a mic). Regular headphones work fine, as do my TRRS headphones in other devices or laptops. Currently running Android 5.1. Any reason why this phone, which worked fine with these types of headphones, would no longer function correctly? I cannot listen to music, make calls, etc. with these headphones. They only work if I partially plug the TRRS headphone in up to the second ring.

I visited the Verizon store, and after an hour of going through various hardware and software tests on the phone, could not determine the problem. Because no issue came up on these tests, I could not get a replacement phone without paying for an upgrade.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo headphone jack not working with TRRS
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could there be lint in the headphone jack? Was the headphones pushed all the way in?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KEVKEL93

I've sprayed theheadphone jack for dust. Pushing the headphone all the way in is the issue. Leaving it 3/4 in, up to the 3rd ring, allows me to at least hear music, sounds, etc. Can't use mic though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your device is functioning as it should. May we ask when this began? KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KEVKEL93

While I don't know an exact date, the issue began roughly around 7/29-7/30/2016.

0 Likes
KEVKEL93

Any further instruction or thoughts on why this would stop working, or how I can have the phone replaced?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use the headphones with your phone is key KEVKEL93. We want to ensure they are working fully for you. Have you tried the headset with another device to see if it works properly with a different phone? Just trying to help us determine if it could be the phone or the headset. Is there any physical or liquid damage with your phone? Click here to view examples: http://vz.to/1FAmX2E.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEVKEL93

The headphones work fine in other phones, computers, etc.. I was even at the Verizon store and demonstrated how the headphones worked in several of the demo phones on display, but would only work on my phone if partially plugged in. If fully plugged in on my phone, the headphones do not work. The Verizon rep at the store said that because he could not find an issue with the phone using the built in software and hardware tests, I could not get a replacement phone, even though he saw the issue.

Regular headphones, without the microphone, work fine.

I do not have any of the liquid issues or other damage indicated on the screenshots you provided.

0 Likes
KEVKEL93

Any update or other thoughts?

0 Likes
casselstine

I have the same issue with my Droid Turbo. I used to be able to listen to media and talk on phone with headphones but now it no longer works. Tried multiple earbuds that work on all other devices but no longer with my Droid Turbo.

0 Likes