Droid Turbo Support
Tyler98
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's amazing to me the low level of support the DROID turbo and turbo 2 have received since they were released. It's interesting that these phones were released as flagship phones for Verizon yet they are always the last phones to receive updates. Use to he the flagship phones always got the updates first but I guess I just need to switch to Samsung since these devices can't get updates or new features till like a year later. Unbelievable.

[Subject line edited]

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo Support
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Samsung phones aren't much if even faster at getting updates then the Motorola phones. If you want faster updates purchase the Nexus phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tyler98
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sure the Nexus devices are the fastest but nowadays I strongly disagree with your statment. I'm currently running on the original DROID turbo and when this phone released going on 2 years ago it was running kitkat when lollipop was released. Now sure lollipop had some major bugs in the beginning but it took them till literally April-May to release lollipop STILL with bugs. The opposing Samsung devices (I think S6 but not sure) received lollipop way before this phone. And at the time lollipop was released marshmallow had already been announced.. Just look at the Turbo 2 and how long it took to get that released. Even though Motorola is Lenovo there are still close ties with Google and it's definitely not Google's fault. It's a mix between Motorola and Google and it's completely ridiculous. It's saying on the support page that my turbo will be upgraded to marshmallow pending partner support. Well how longs that gonna take them? 2 maybe 3 years. It's absolutely RIDICULOUS. Something needs to change or I'll just go tos Samsung. There's a clearly different level of support for phones at Samsung then there is at Motorola nowadays. I'm tired of waiting.

0 Likes
Tyler98
Enthusiast - Level 2

And for some reason it will not let me edit or delete that post because if has some errors in it. So I'll just say it in this post. *it's not googles fault, it's a mix between Motorola and Verizon's fault. And as it relates to the Turbo 2. I was referring to how long it took to get marshmallow put onto that device.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tyler98 wrote:

And for some reason it will not let me edit or delete that post because if has some errors in it. 

There's a five-minute window after a post is left during which edits can be made or the post deleted. 

0 Likes