Re: Droid Turbo Does Not Receive Phone Calls
Steph0310

My area codes that I am usually in are 10570,10603,10523.

0 Likes
wyealbert

It seems like this a widespread problems since owners of other model phones are having the same problem.  It appears to be a Verizon problem, so it's time for them to step up and fix it!  Verizon actually comprises a bunch of smaller cell phone companies that were acquired and then made "compatible" with the Verizon network.  What could possibly go wrong????

0 Likes
DrGooMind

I have also been having this same, frustrating problem with my Droid Turbo: All incoming calls go to voicemail, with no ringer or vibration alert occurring to let me know I have an incoming call in progress.  After experimenting with various settings, I just discovered that the problems disappears and the phone returns to normal, proper operation when I disable the Advanced Calling/HD Voice feature.  Just to confirm this was the problem, I re-enabled that feature, and the problem reappeared.  So now, I have the Advanced Calling/HD Voice feature disabled.   I would suggest that Verizon investigate if this is a network issue of theirs, a software compatibility issue with certain devices or operating system versions, or some other issue they can address or at least help customers resolve.

Good luck with your troubleshooting--And ditch the Advance Calling/HD Voice!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is very important to be able to receive calls on your device and to inquire about a software update on your device, WildApple1. Let me assist you with getting this issue fixed so you can receive calls as I look into your software update. What’s your zip code? Are you indoors or outdoors when your not receiving calls? As far as a software update, here’s a link for details on how to obtain the update http://tiny.cc/sacgby . Share more details with me so I can assist you further.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Alex818
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for 10 years living at the same house. Ever since I upgraded our phones (Two Turbo 2's and one Turbo) all 3 of our phones have had poor reception. Either the network has changed or these turbo phones have poor antenna power. I have wiped the phones and they exhibit the same problems without any additional software being installed. Calls sometimes don't come through, sometimes go straight to voicemail, and it takes several minutes to send/receive text messages that have pictures attached. This is unacceptable. I'm ready to sell off the phones on ebay, pay off my termination fees and switch to T-Mobile. This is so frustrating!!! I'm in the 91020 zip code and work in the 91214 zip.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want to see happen is to lose you. Let get your phones back to running reliably.  What software version are you currently running?

_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wyealbert

Android 5.1

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 9:59 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Steph0310

I have been running my phone with the HD calling off, as far as I am aware I haven't had any issues with calls not coming through. I will continue to monitor it and see if that is the issue. I did however receive a system update last night and now running on 23.21.49. Maybe this will fix the issue.

0 Likes
clayrandall
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have had this problem. What I have learned is the DROID Turbos radio configuration doesn't support voice and data simultaneously without Advanced Calling. The problem is (if I remember correctly) the LTE and CDMA radio both use the same antenna, but only one can use it at a time. Normal voice calls use the CDMA radio and Data uses the LTE radio. When you activate advanced calling, what it does is allow you to make a voice call over the LTE data frequencies, thus allowing you to still use data because the LTE radio is activated.

The problem with not receiving calls seems to have something to do with a conflict between the LTE and CDMA radios.  This is why turning off advanced calling seems to work. With Advanced Calling off, the phone is only using CDMA.

Equally if you go to Cellular network settings and switch ***for Troubleshooting only*** the preferred network type to LTE/GSM/UTMS, it will work as long as you have LTE. Because Verizon uses LTE and CDMA and they don’t use GSM or UTMS, changing this setting will make it so the phone will only use LTE. Now that the apparent conflict between LTE and CDMA is removed the phone works great if you have a good LTE signal.  If you however don’t have a LTE signal it will not work at all, that is why you should never leave your phone on this setting.

It is when you have Advanced Calling on and the phone in Global or LTE/CDMA that it seems to have a problem.  The Version 23.21.49 system update is listed as providing “Call performance improvements”. I installed it last night, put my phone back on LTE/CDMA and turned Advanced Calling on.  So far it seems to be working correctly and in am not missing any calls.  Keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath…

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steph0310,

We appreciate you keeping us up to speed. Please keep us posted on your progress with the software update.

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes