Re: Droid Turbo Does Not Receive Phone Calls
GL001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was asked by Verizon if the problem exists when booted in safe mode. I have done that and will need to wait a while to see if the problem continues to occur.  Has anyone else tried safe mode?  Here are the instructions from the Verizon web site.

Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset / run slow.

An alternate method is available if the device is unresponsive or won't power on.

1. Press and hold the Power button (at the right edge of the device, above the Volume buttons) until "Power off" appears then release.
  2. Touch and hold Power off until the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt appears (approximately 1 second).
  3. From the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt, tap OK to confirm.
    Note The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
    Note Upon reboot, "Safe mode" appears in the lower left of the unlock/home screen.

Note Notes:

• With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
  • Power cycle the device to disable Safe Mode, reinstall then test each app, one at a time, to identify which is causing the problem.
wyealbert

I'm not sure how practical this is since the "missed call" syndrome is RANDOM!  Some calls come through, some don't.  Uninstalling apps and reinstalling would be a painstaking process!

0 Likes
Alex818
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the same issue here in California (91020 area code) we have a Droid Turbo and two Droid Turbo 2's. Problem exists with all 3 phones. 4G coverage with 2 bars but calls don't come through. Rebooting temporarily fixes the problem but it randomly keeps happening. Not sure if this is a service issue or an issue with these newer generation phones with lower antenna power.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get all of your calls, Alex. In which zip are you having this problem?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Alex818
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry I meant to write 91020 zip code (accidentally wrote area code)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry to hear your having this problem CharterRobinson. I know cell phones have become like life lines. I would be upset too if that happened to me. Let's look into this together. What zip are you in? When did this start? How many bars of signal are you seeing in your home?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GL001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just want to post an update.  I have been running in Safe Mode for about a day and a half with no problems.  Using safe mode is a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] because none of my downloaded apps or widgets (the clock that came loaded) work but I am getting all of my phone calls. This result isn't definitive because I have gone longer than this without a problem (although not recently) but the phone also self restarted once so that could affect the results. I'll keep monitoring the problem.  If this shows that an App is causing the problem I'm not sure of the best path forward since I haven't downloaded any Apps within a month of the problem starting.  If an App is the problem it must be an update to an App that caused the problem.  Verizon, do you have any recommendations?

0 Likes
WildApple1

Over here in Montana, we are having the same problem with my husband's Turbo and it just began in the last three weeks.  If I recall correctly, we had this problem with his last Motorola just before they finally pushed through the Lollipop update.  And yes, I have spoken again to Verizon and they basically run through the same tired lists of "try disabling call forwarding, try running in safe mode", etc., none of which solve the issue.  The issue is intermittent and annoying as heck.  What use is a phone that doesn't receive calls?  Motorola and Verizon need to get their act together-what is taking so long to push out the update so we can all get on with our lives?????

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suggest removing your downloaded applications. Perhaps starting with any application that as access to the dialer permissions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Steph0310

I have been having trouble receiving phone calls on my droid turbo the first one, it started about 3 weeks ago, it's completely at random when I do get a call or not. I have spoke to tech support and we have gone through everything leaving it to my last resort of a factory reset from which I have read only is a temporary solution. I have replaced the sim card and it is still happening. Help!

0 Likes