Droid Turbo BLUE
KeithLutz1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, i have spent hours on the phone over the last 2 days regarding the replacement of a cracked screen device.  It is a Droid Turbo, blue ballistic nylon.  Your phone based customer service will not honor the screen replacement because it is blue.  They have sent me to Best Buy and to Motorola.  This is your program and offer, and as such, they have absolutely no info on how to make the exchange, and say it is on Verizon.

Needless to say, after having been sent to Best Buy today and spending g 2 hours there, they have no way to make the exchange, often referring to the fact that they have no stock, but there are in fact many ion stock at the store (Kennesaw GA store on Barrett Parkway).  They have released themselves from liability until Verizon gives them a way to make the exchanges.

Verizon says they cannot due to the fact that it is BLUE. No mention of this was made at the store when the purchase was made, and i can find no mention of this anywhere.

How do i make my exchange and and collect on your offer of a FREE replacement.  One of the reps on the phone said it was due to a penchant for the Turbos to crack.  Sounds like a manufacturer issue, but YOU made the offer.  Will you stand behind it?

Please tell me how to make the exchange, i am tired of a wasted day of runaround.

Feel free to contact me offline if you wish.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo BLUE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KeithLUtz1,

I apologize greatly about your phone. Unfortunately, we don't have the option to replace the Droid Turbo that is Blue from Best Buy. You will have to go to Best Buy in order to get a replacement phone. I apologize again for any inconvenience.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Opieonthewater

I am also dealing with this issue on a blue turbo. Best Buy claims it is Motorola/Verizon issue and will do nothing, but went in to my local Verizon retailer today and was told (somewhat rudely) that they will only honor what they sell. Had I known this screen "replacement" plan would not be honored, I would not have got the blue for my wife and I. I feel completely abandoned by Verizon.  Been a long time Verizon customer (15 years), but that may now be up for change.

0 Likes
Dr_Death

Samething here with the Best Buy phone and my screen.  NO WHERE does it say from Best Buy OR Verizon that they would not cover it UNTIL you get to the actual page.  This should be a HUGE DISCLAIMER ON THE MAIN VERIZON PAGE.  I am lodging complaints with the BBB for both companies.  Here is the best part, Verizon says they don't get any money from that phone, ok then, why does it count against my upgrade time with Verizon???  The CS woman had no answer for me.  Verizon sucks.

0 Likes
IIITimes
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ahhh it was a disclaimer at best buy when the blue ballistic released. That's the reason I sport the black ballistic....

0 Likes
Dr_Death

Sure wish they had the disclaimer there when I bought it.  Heck, the salesgal, handed me the phone and said this was my only option that they didn't have any other colors.  I wonder how much more she got for selling me the blue one?  Obviously if it is a Best Buy only phone, they got more money for selling it.  Cut Verizons cut right out of it.

0 Likes