Droid Turbo 2 vibrates during calls randomly. Not a notification vibration, but constant buzzing. What is wrong with it?
RedBoyd

As the question says, my wife's Droid Turbo 2 vibrates, or buzzes, constantly the entire time she is on some calls.  Intensity may vary during the call.  However, it seems to be random.  At first we thought it was only around power lines, but it is not.  It doesn't only happen in certain places.  It also doesn't consistently happen in certain places.  It doesn't matter whether she received or placed the call, whether the other end is land or mobile line, what type of signal she's on, whether HD calling is active or not, etc.  We have tried changing every possible setting, to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 vibrates during calls randomly. Not a notification vibration, but constant buzzing. What is wrong with it?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

By chance, do you have any of the Accessibility settings turned on for that phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 vibrates during calls randomly. Not a notification vibration, but constant buzzing. What is wrong with it?
RedBoyd

That would be a negative.  No accessibility options active.

0 Likes
Crenard

Mine does the same thing and others on the other end can't hear me.   It's rather annoying

0 Likes
Notnorml

I am new to Droid phone and I have the same issue.  It is not a random buzzing but it sounds like a buzzing/humming noise for any system or application notification like email, sms, application notification.  The other party can hear the noise as well.

There is another thread where they think it is random, but I suspect the same problem.

0 Likes
galizaaka

To Verizon:

Yea we need answers now. No stall games, then I can't get a replacement phone. Like a galaxy 7. Get on it. Ditto here with the humming then no one can hear me. Chop Chop.

0 Likes
galizaaka

To Verizon:

And to add

PS: Don't give me the same phone that does the thing or a cheaper stank phone either. And no I won't call Motorola. That's your job. $800+. I don't think so.

0 Likes
unknownwon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you happen to have a LifeProof case? Both mine did it as long as we had the case on it. If so you can use speaker phone and it fixes it.

0 Likes
robarn60

I have had the same problem, in fact since july I have had 4 phones and each one has had this same buzzing or humming noise. It has even affected people being able to hear me. The phone has now been sent back to Motorola for them to fix the problem. When i talk to them about this issue they want to brush it aside. Any one have it fixed yet.

0 Likes
robarn60

Been thru that route as well. Mine has had it happen with or without the case on it. Did removing the case fix your problem?

0 Likes