Re: Droid Turbo 2 not charging
CRICAR64
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone is not damaged and software is up to date. I honestly couldn't tell you if the chargers work for anything else, haven't tried. I don't believe it is a coincidence that the phone stopped recognizing all three turbo chargers (which include ones plugged into a wall outlet and one vehicle charger) on the same day, but will still take a charge from the one 2.1A charger I have and now the 2.4A charger I bought to get through the next two months. The fact that this issue is prevalent, based on the number of threads describing the exact same thing (both here and other user groups) should tell Verizon that this is a real issue with a the phone they pushed on all of us a couple of years ago.

My phone also has the other issues described in multiple threads:

- It only recognizes the SD card for a few minutes after each re-start, meaning memory is limited to the 32GB internal.

- The original design of the on screen buttons and bars means that there is significant screen burn.

- It has the vertical green line of pixels in the screen that multiple other users have complained about and (exactly as described in multiple forums) momentarily disappears when pressure is applied at the bottom of the line.

Face it, this phone was a lemon. I will replace it as soon as possible, even though I had hoped to keep it at least a year or two after I was done with the monthly payments on it. I really am just posting to add one more voice to the crowd on these issues.

katim_vzw
Verizon Employee

CRICAR64,

We value your feedback. This is a lot to work around. We understand needing a working device. Let's take it one concern at a time.

How are you charging your device now? How long is it taking to charge? What happens when you attempt to charge another compatible device with the other chargers?

Understanding there is not damage to your device, is there any corrosion in either the charging port or the chargers?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICDIL57
Enthusiast - Level 2

Insurance not be needed to replace a product that is defective from either glitchy  software updates or poor design. My phone never left the Verizon store without the protective case I purchase for it and operated fine up until a software update that messed up the battery management software in the phone, at which time I attempted to clean the receptacle, try other chargers, reboot the phone, and was my time on forums answering redundant questions. If someone has the time or wherewithal to start a class action on this I would gladly sign on as I should not have to "Buy Insurance" for a device that wont last the live of its contract without being coddled. The only thing Verizon can do is offer I finish paying for a partially functioning device & "UPGRADE" to a new questionable product that hooks me into another 2 year extension of service with huge penalties. No Thanks Verizon, I will continue to wireless charge my [removed] phone and use it until it blows up or dies from unnatural causes. The right move would have been to offer a refurbished  replacement phone delivered to my front door but now you are going to lose a 2 phone 1 tablet contract after we fulfill our obligation to your service.

Thanks

Mike

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

CRICAR64
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of your questions are answered in my prior post. There is no corrosion the chargers work on my headphones. The phone only charges from aftermarket 2.1A or higher chargers (standard trickle chargers don't work). This is not an issue with my specific droid turbo 2. These are issues with the product line. I think it is telling that shortly after I got mine Verizon started bundling the wireless charger with the phone. Almost like they knew there was a potential issue with the turbo chargers.

Here's the deal. I only have this phone for a couple of months. I hate that I have to sign up for and pay for another phone after that, but clearly this Droid is dying, within months of the 2 year contract ending. Verizon's approach of treating each of these complaints as one offs with no relationship to each other says it all. The term for this is "Planned Obsolescence".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CRICAR64,

I'm so sorry you feel this way. I can understand expecting a fully functioning device. We definitely value your feedback on the device and will certainly make the manufacturer's aware of this issue. I see you mentioned that you were not a current issue with your specific device, however, we will be here for you if you need any assistance.

VeronicaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
inked_cherry

This happened to me about 2 months ago.  I noticed my phone had trouble charging also noticed the charger connecter on the phone was lose and within a few days it was not charging any more.  I called Verizon and they told me that I would have to take it somewhere else to get it fixed and it would probably cost more to fix then get a new phone.  Well I still owed $180 on my phone so I would of had to pay the balance to get a new one.  I called a place where they would fix it and they were going to charge $80 but I would not get it back for 2 weeks.  Well that was a deal breaker there.  I ended up getting a wireless charger but now it won't hold a charge for more then 2 hours.  This phone is crap.  My husband and I have had so many problems with this phone within the first year of having it.  I believe they purposely make these phones so they would not last the full 2 years.  Would never recommend this phone to anyone.

0 Likes