Re: Droid Turbo 2 not charging
MS8A2D39
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with my Turbo 2. I've had my phone since August 2016. A couple months ago I thought my charger was bad so I replaced it with another Motorola turbo charger.  Now I can't get it to charge.  I've tried other chargers as well.  Chargers will charge other devices.

MICDIL57
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Turbo 2 has the same exact issues as described above and the issues started after a system update. A lenovo forum tracks this well & there are hundreds of cases of this. I have been using wireless charger to charge mine overnight but sometimes get caught out of town with no mode to charge. I have 2 payments before eligible to upgrade, I have done master reset, I have cleaned the port all to no avail. Seems these phones are designed to only conveniently last 2 years or less. Other than the charging issue I love this phone & dont like the fact that the only solution Verizion has to offer is an early payoff & buy another phone the may or may not last the full two years.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a charging device is a must. Do you have the extended warranty on the device? Have you tried to reach out to Motorola for any repair options that may be available to you? http://spr.ly/6581DHtZl

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CATHIE1254
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  It started malfunctioning 10 months after I bought the Turbo 2.    I have read and told by verizon wireless.This is a common problem with the charging port. 

I had bought a charging pad to use at home.  I travel a lot and found out the "car charger" will not charge the battery.  When I have to use the wall charge it will not work as well. Some time I get it to charge by moving the cord around. I have tried several coeds and chargers.

Bottom line is I bought the turbo charge and I want it to work. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to charge your phone is important. Based on the previous comments did your issue start after the update as well? Is there any damage to the charging port at all or water damage to the device ?

JasperM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICDIL57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not purchase extended warranty or insurance, the phone has never been wet. It charges fine with my after market induction charger, no I did not contact Motorola for support. The charger port is now loose from wiggling cord to try to get connection for downloading data but it was not like this when this all started. Other than this problem the phone has served me well, shame it has this problem but I overcame it with inductive charger.

0 Likes
CRICAR64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clearly this is an issue with this lemon of a phone. I guess I got lucky because mine charged for most of the two years. In every respect (but one) this is the worst phone I have ever owned. Everything described here is exactly what happened to mine. It stopped recognizing all three of my original chargers at the same time. It will now only take a charge from a 2.1A after market charger. Standard chargers are too slow. The best part is that it continuously pops up a window that tells me to use the original charger. That's a laugh. I have two months left on this contract. This will be the last Verizon exclusive phone I ever get, now that I know exclusive means no other company would buy it.

SV_Gabriel
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had/have the exact same issue.  On a positive note, the Verizon folks at the local Verizon store were terrific and are giving me a brand new Pixel 2 for nothing later this week.  The fact that I've been a customer for 20+ years and have 5 other phones on my plan probably helped....<silly grin>.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICDIL57, we’re sorry to hear about the experience you’ve had with charging your device and to learn that the port is now loose after all. At this time, without the option to take advantage of insurance, the best recommendation is to have the phone replaced. You’ve mentioned that you have two payments left so if you wish to pay off the balance early, you’ll be eligible to upgrade right away.

We understand that you want your device to last as long as possible. Please keep in mind that all of the manufacturers offer a 1-year warranty with their products. As most customers will anticipate using their device for more than 1-year, we’d highly suggest taking advantage of the insurance option or at least the extended warranty. You can learn more about these plans in detail at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/tec-wpp-ew-overview/

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CRICAR64,

I'm very sorry to hear you haven't been seeing good results from your Turbo 2. You always deserve a great phone you can count on to charge when you need it to. Do those other three chargers which won't work with your phone still work with other devices? Is there any physical or water damage to the device? Is the software on the phone up to date?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes