Droid Turbo 2 not charging
SMARKUS50

On one hand it is a relief to find that my phone is not the only Turbo 2 having this issue, but on the other hand it is frustrating beyond belief and I need to know how to fix the issue!!!

Roughly six weeks ago, my Droid Turbo 2 stopped accepting regular charges, including the "great" wireless charger that the sales rep suggested I buy for quick charging capability. So, I dug out the Turbo Charger that my phone came with and things seemed to get better for a bit, or so I thought. Now, my phone won't recognize the Turbo Charger most of the time.

What can I do to fix this issue? Many people have mentioned taking their phone into Verizon and exchanging for a new phone. Is this my option? What if I don't have device protection? Am I [Removed]? I just bought this phone in August 2016. This phone should not be failing!

inappropriate content  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo 2 not charging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the confirmation that all basic troubleshooting has been done, PARTAY.  I am a consumer too, and I truly understand your discontent with regards to the Warranty Certified Like-New Replacement option. We offer this option to ensure that our valued customers do not have to be without a phone while a phone is being repaired by the manufacturer; however, you have the option to contact the manufacturer directly and send them your original new phone for repair and wait for them to fix and return.  You can contact the manufacturer at 800-734-5870 your convenience, or online at https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/ContactUs

You indicate that all troubleshooting has been done. Did you also do the factory reset as per this link?: http://spr.ly/65818lzRc

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SMARKU550,

Being able to charge is a must. Let's look into this together to get you to a resolution. Please describe what happens when you attempt to charge. What errors appear?

KatiM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PARTAY
Enthusiast - Level 1

My sons Droid Turbo 2 has had the same problem since after 2 months.  Purchased in October 2016.  Has returned to the verizon store in Manchester NH, as recent as yesterday and he is on his 3rd turbo car charger and 2nd wall charger.  Phone just stops charging!  
Was on VW chat last night for an hour and no resolution???? I have been a VW customer for almost 20 years and spend over $4000 a year for 4 lines.   Where is the customer service, satisfaction and support?  This is ridiculous.  Obviously several people on this blog have the same problems.  His phone has been in an otter box since day one with no damage.

sparty89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same problem.  A couple weeks ago, my phone would not charge when using the turbo chargers that I bought with my phone less than a year ago. I dug out a couple of old chargers, and those work, but the charge takes way too long, and actually decreases if I'm using my phone while plugged in.

Very frustrating. Verizon support, please help!

sparty89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same problem.  Please help!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your son’s phone to perform as intended and be able to charge the battery every time the phone is connected to the charger, Partay. You indicate that you have replaced charges multiple times. Have we troubleshot the phone with you instead of just replacing chargers?

Please visit this link and do all basic troubleshooting steps recommended that may resolve the issue at once: http://spr.ly/65808lzRi

If all troubleshooting is done (including a factory reset) and the issues continue, we may need to replace your phone with a Warranty Certified Like-New Replacement.

Factory reset for Turbo 2: http://spr.ly/65818lzRc

Warranty Certified Lke-New Replacement: http://spr.ly/65828lzRY

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
PARTAY
Enthusiast - Level 1

He has done all the troubleshooting. I can't believe how many people are complaint about the same problem! Also I am still paying for a brand new phone monthly so why should I have to settle for a refurbished when it is clearly an issue with the phone? Like I said I have had 4 phones on my account for almost 20 years and pay over $4000 a year to Verizon Wireless. Maybe it is time I look for another provider if you don't back up your product?

Sent from my iPad

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the confirmation that all basic troubleshooting has been done, PARTAY.  I am a consumer too, and I truly understand your discontent with regards to the Warranty Certified Like-New Replacement option. We offer this option to ensure that our valued customers do not have to be without a phone while a phone is being repaired by the manufacturer; however, you have the option to contact the manufacturer directly and send them your original new phone for repair and wait for them to fix and return.  You can contact the manufacturer at 800-734-5870 your convenience, or online at https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/ContactUs

You indicate that all troubleshooting has been done. Did you also do the factory reset as per this link?: http://spr.ly/65818lzRc

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
willpickens
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had two dt2 and they both had this problem. in fact i am having that problem right now. I have been using the wireless charging function to get through it.

It seems to be a hardware issue with the usb port.

I put in a claim on my first one and received the second one in a couple of days. Then in less than two months it started happening again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

willpickens,

We understand charging is an important part of having your phone. Let's get some details. Where did you make a claim through? Did you use your insurance or warranty option? Does the fast charge work for you? Does the phone fully charge?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes