Droid Turbo 2 freezing and reboots
xbox4414

Does anyone else have a Droid Turbo 2 that keeps freezing and rebooting? Now it happens a few times each day. Not sure if it's the device to Verizon Messenger that is causing the issues.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 freezing and reboots
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xbox4414,

Device issues are never any fun. I need my personal device to function fully all the time too. Let's resolve your phone from freezing and rebooting. Help is here. Any recent updates (software updates, chnage in settings, new apps added, etc.)? Have you recently added the Verizon Messaging application? Any recent liquid or physical damage?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zbetten

I have the same issue where my apps freeze on my phone and I can't access any of my apps.  Sometimes I don't know when I can use them - its a hit and miss.  I did recently add the Verizon Messaging application but decided not to use it so removed it - would this have something to do with the freezing?

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

I disabled all the apps from Verizon except the voicemail and email.

0 Likes
crazyiven
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you guys also having charging issues?

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

No, just a little hot using the turbo charger.

0 Likes
crazyiven
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok, my T2 started with charging issues then the black screen and locking up. Just with my charging issue they are sending me another.

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

Just got mine sold for $430

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

I have the same issue, it seems encryption makes the overheating problem WAY worse. Also, trying to use the phone when plugged in will cause it to get hot, freeze, and then at times reboot.

0 Likes
varberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cannot believe what I'm reading. I expect to find solutions.. not complaints and rants.. my old phone Droid Maxx HD had no issues with reboots but I had other minor issues but nothing like this.. but when I upgraded to the Turbo 2 on New Years eve.. about a month later started experiencing reboots. I've been able to factory wipe my phone 3 times to see if the problem fixed. Well it did not.. and after reading this I broke down and I'm crying because I cannot stand the reboots. it reboots while I'm on the call. or while I'm typing emails or even when I have it my pocket.. bluetooth will tell me when the phone disconnected (making me think I left my phone somewhere no I did not.. its right here with me in my pocket!!) I have protection plan and Verizon is giving me a run around for my money.. I go into the store they tell me to call customer service.. I call customer service get transferred to tech support they walk u through the troubleshooting in other words ..wipe your phone.. that's not solution I was hoping for but I did.. then they tell me to bring my phone into the store. To this day..  I have $600 phone sitting on my kitchen counter.. I haven't installed any apps yet.. and phone just reboots on and on. Why the hell do I pay full coverage protection plan if I cannot get a replacement? THEY DONT CARE ABOUT U.. Simply put. I've been without the phone for a week decided to go in online and suspend my phone service until I get another phone possibly from AT&T.. this is my cue everybody in my family and friends keep telling to get iPhone next.. we'll see about that. It's New Years.. Verizon I'm not bashing you.. I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years... I don't know how we keep you in business but you lost one already!!!

0 Likes